Daily Check-In, July 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-In, July 2, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We are expecting thunder storms later today.
Went to friends for a BBQ last night..all outdoors. It was a nice evening.
I am heading out to get some gardening done before the rain.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Florida the only way instacart makes sense is if you get the annual subscription, like I do. I get weekly or every two week orders and so it pays for itself. Othewise it's pricey. The same with Walmart delivery. Kroger has now gotten their own delivery service in our area and I will need to check it out.

I'm up and have breakfast and am spending some computer time. Completely forgot to water the plants yesterday so had to soak them all to death this morning.

My son is coming in for a week and should arrive around two PM my time. He will stay at my daughters down the road but I am picking him up since she is working today. He is well overdo for a week of doing almost nothing.

I really don't have much to do before I go except get some things that I always keep in the front seat like a little "shopping basket" for all my stuff so he can sit down and grab some gas-oh joy.

My bathing suit and hat came so I am ready to hit the pool again. maybe even this afternoon but for sure every day starting on monday.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept hard once I finally got to sleep, have been up and taking care of chores. I had to go into town, gas and some small errands. I was surprised to see very little traffic.

We are doing a cookout and probably some minor fireworks for the littles this evening. My dogs are already antsy because of the fireworks around us every evening :( ...I have to give them meds most every evening.

It has been so dry around here that this may be the 3rd weekend of no mowing. My grass is green but all of the neighbors who have mowed have brown crunchy yards.

Trying to get motivated enough to go thru some totes of things, I know all of the stuff needs to go but might be changing where things are going to. I found some one that may be getting their own place and if they can use any of it, they are more than welcome to it.
I also think that I have a dead mouse somewhere in the garage :roll: the smell is there, just need to find it.
Off to get something done.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, we are about to have rain, which I hope continues all night and drowns out the illegal fireworks. DH had to sleep in the living room last night with the youngest dog and our old cat because they were afraid of the noise from the fireworks. I had the middle dog and the new kitty with me, and the oldest dog is not afraid of them.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went to see ill sibling again at her new residence.

She looks so much better. Has not had a breathing incident in over a week. She is happy there. She is even texting more and better. Told us what she had for breakfast. Enjoyed the new shower. Happy with the way her son set up her furniture. She has her TV and cable. She is set.

I guess she was really stressed about what to do. Her son looks so much better. We were worried about him too. Now he doesn't have to worry all night if she is going to have another episode and he has to rush over there. The staff there will take care of that. They will give her her meds and take her to appointments. Even her two doctors make rounds there.

I am a bad sister and do wonder why they worry so much - ill sibling and her twin. Both are married, have children, good income. Ill sibling did say she would freak out at home when she could not find her keys. I would give her advice - put them in the same place each and every time. I always know where mine are. They do get mad when they are making statements like this and I offer "solutions". I guess they just want to vent - but I figure find a way to take care of the issue. Must be my military life or heck - our mother.

So there were a few moments when we had some strife. I guess I should just grit my teeth and let them find a way - :mrgreen: They are older.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:23 am Florida the only way instacart makes sense is if you get the annual subscription, like I do. I get weekly or every two week orders and so it pays for itself. Othewise it's pricey. The same with Walmart delivery. Kroger has now gotten their own delivery service in our area and I will need to check it out.

I'm up and have breakfast and am spending some computer time. Completely forgot to water the plants yesterday so had to soak them all to death this morning.

My son is coming in for a week and should arrive around two PM my time. He will stay at my daughters down the road but I am picking him up since she is working today. He is well overdo for a week of doing almost nothing.

I really don't have much to do before I go except get some things that I always keep in the front seat like a little "shopping basket" for all my stuff so he can sit down and grab some gas-oh joy.

My bathing suit and hat came so I am ready to hit the pool again. maybe even this afternoon but for sure every day starting on monday.
Quilter, my first delivery was free. But I could see that the store prices were much higher than the in-store prices. I’ll look at the subscription more carefully. It looks like the first month’s delivery is free but only if I sign up for the annual. I will say it was convenient. They did not bring the groceries inside but left them in front of my door after knocking.

Enjoy your visit with your son.