Daily Check in - July 3rd 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in - July 3rd 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I again slept well but do not feel as energetic today as yesterday. Still, I’ve been able to put some things away and get laundry ready for another load tomorrow.

I have not been able to concentrate on reading or most TV. But I’ve started rewatching Gilmore Girls from the beginning. I watched a few episodes on the plane and that got me interested in it again.

Not much else from me today.

Take care everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm paying for all that food I gorged on this morning

Heartburn. I'm trying to burp it all out - lol. I usually don't eat so much fatty food - greasy tamales.

Then I do have GERD and a hiatal hernia.

Oh and I had so much coffee today and yesterday. ugh.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Shooting at a mall in Copenhagen. Several dead. I know the area, halfway to the airport. Wow, guns even in Scandinavia.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:02 pm Shooting at a mall in Copenhagen. Several dead. I know the area, halfway to the airport. Wow, guns even in Scandinavia.
just read that - I was shocked that it would happen there.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good late afternoon fellow frugalites,

We came home a day early because none of us could sleep on the darn awful mattresses they had in our cabin. I think in the two nights we were there I managed about 3 hours sleep total. I am beat, achy, and just plain worn out. It
even hurts to walk.

Spent most of my time with the younger generation as they seemed more inclined to talk to me for an extended period of time...not so much Hubby's brothers and sisters. That is unless they wanted something, or me to do something.

Bit of a funny side note...I picked up the axe to do a bit of wood chopping (really no more than I do here at home) and most of them were worried I would hurt myself. Hubby looked at them and said "Who do you think starts the fires and has the wood chopped at our house?" I did give up the axe to oldest son who does a much quicker job.

Off to get our supper ready for the BBQ, and set the table. More tomorrow about the weekend.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I saw that news snippet about Denmark, FloridaCat. It makes my heart ache to read the news lately.

On a happier note, we had our holiday meal earlier this evening. Home-cooked burgers and fries with all the trimmings. I made chocolate pudding for dessert. It was delicious.

The fresh pre-made hamburger patties from Aldi were really good: it was the first time I had bought them. Between those and making the fries in the air fryer, it was an easy meal to pull together. Not having to handle cold ground beef with my arthritic fingers is a welcome thing.

This morning I got out my sewing basket and took care of some annoyances with my clothes. My bike shorts are too big in the waist, so I took them up. Also cut the labels out of some clothing items. I have a cute pair of denim capris that were rarely worn because the label scratches. Scissored that itchy thing right out and put them on! :-D
Mackie