Daily Check In July 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In July 29, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Well the electrician/plumber was just here....I need a new submersible pump. I have a call in to the well guy and now once again I wait. Had to leave a message.
This is the very reason I don't leave anything running if I am leaving the house.
I swear if I let myself start crying and feeling sorry for myself, I don't know if I could quit.
It could be worse and I do know that. I am just tired.
Need to get busy and quit feeling sorry for myself. Will update when I get news.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

chocolite wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:22 am Good morning all. Just jumping on to say hello. Not much has been going on around here, just same old same old...

My sister was in an accident yesterday (a car backed into her when she was on a motorized scooter in the Walmart parking lot). She broke her right arm right below the shoulder. She was able to get into an orthopedist yesterday afternoon. It was a clean break, so no surgery necessary. She will have to keep it wrapped/immobilized/in a sling for the next 6-8 weeks. Which means she won't be able to sleep in her bed and will be stuck sleeping in her recliner. She told me that the woman who hit her told her she was sorry, she didn't see her, and my DS said not to worry, she knew it was an accident, she wouldn't sue her. WTH...

I just finished watching Ted Lasso seasons 1 and 2 for the third time. Such a feel good show. It's my escapist pastime.
thank goodness it was a clean break. Yea - she does need to see if the ladies insurance will cover any medical bills.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Patty...sorry about your sister...scary!
Very quick check in.
We are in the middle of our family campout here..24 of us.
Some of my young nieces and nephews we haven't seen before covid.
They are all so grown up.
One niece and family are on a covid hold. They had a contact...today is their last day to stay away. They will test in the morning and if all is well..they will head up here. Fingers crossed!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Patty, so sorry about your sister's unfortunate accident - how awful! Mackie, our mandatory "fun" (a.k.a. torture) day is coming up in 2 weeks. I would rather have a root canal - honestly.

Got the sweeping and vacuuming done, have yet to move the rug. I have decided to delay that and the cleaning of bathrooms until evening and am going to work on surveys instead.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze, why don't they just ask the staff what they want to do? Everyone here would have been crazy happy with a half-day off. Or just boxes of cookies sent to the offices. Instead they spent a boatload of money on something no one wants to do because we're worked to the bone.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Darn the flooding in Kentucky was awful - 15 dead!!