Daily Check In July 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In July 29, 2022

Post by chocolite »

casadekitty wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:13 am Update:
Well the electrician/plumber was just here....I need a new submersible pump. I have a call in to the well guy and now once again I wait. Had to leave a message.
This is the very reason I don't leave anything running if I am leaving the house.
I swear if I let myself start crying and feeling sorry for myself, I don't know if I could quit.
It could be worse and I do know that. I am just tired.
Need to get busy and quit feeling sorry for myself. Will update when I get news.
JCKitty
Kitty, I'm so sorry, hon. I also keep telling myself it could always be worse. We had an ac compressor go out on a Trane unit we bought in 2017! Parts had a 10 yr warranty but labor had only a 5 yr warranty which expired in May. Honestly... So by the time they added in the coolant, removal of the old coolant, blah blah blah it cost us $1400. (Sigh)
Patty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Patty, I’m so sorry about your sister and hope she is not in too much pain.

Kitty, household problems make me want to cry, too, so I understand how you feel. (((Hugs)))

It’s been a slow morning here. I’ve updated all the paperwork I keep in a binder. I like to have everything in order.

It is so hot! Not like Texas and Oklahoma, but right now I’m really feeling the heat. It is only 90 F. and the high will be 95 F. but yesterday, today and tomorrow they say the “feels like” temp will be 110 F. That’s unusual for us. I didn’t go to moms house yesterday and won’t go until at least Sunday. It really does seem that extreme weather in so many areas is here this summer.

I put my second priciest Rx in for a refill so I’ll pick it up this afternoon. Even having satisfied my part D deductible, it is cheaper with Goodrx.

Yesterday I gave my friend three puzzles for her community clubhouse. She has a number of puzzlers in her neighborhood. So that is three more items out of the house.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, I am so sorry, hon. (((HUGS))) It's been such a hard spell for you.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:29 pm Hello friends.

Patty, I’m so sorry about your sister and hope she is not in too much pain.

Kitty, household problems make me want to cry, too, so I understand how you feel. (((Hugs)))

It’s been a slow morning here. I’ve updated all the paperwork I keep in a binder. I like to have everything in order.

It is so hot! Not like Texas and Oklahoma, but right now I’m really feeling the heat. It is only 90 F. and the high will be 95 F. but yesterday, today and tomorrow they say the “feels like” temp will be 110 F. That’s unusual for us. I didn’t go to moms house yesterday and won’t go until at least Sunday. It really does seem that extreme weather in so many areas is here this summer.

I put my second priciest Rx in for a refill so I’ll pick it up this afternoon. Even having satisfied my part D deductible, it is cheaper with Goodrx.

Yesterday I gave my friend three puzzles for her community clubhouse. She has a number of puzzlers in her neighborhood. So that is three more items out of the house.

Have a good day.
yea- hate house issues. Right now the kitchen sink has a leak - and the grinder thing isn't working - forgot what it is called. The COD bought all the parts, but hasn't fixed it yet. And really I don't care if he does. I don't want him trying to get under the sink. He isn't a spring chicken.

Garbage disposal!

I worry about the AC daily. I told my family that I want to just go move into the Holiday Inn and just live there. I miss living in military base housing! LOL

I am ready to move into an apartment as soon as my pack crosses the bridge. The COD can have the house.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I am now over at Franki Boi's house babysitting him and his cat, Cocoa. He is such a good boy! Always happy to see me when I come in the door! We have played fetch and he has gotten loads of scritches and belly rubs and I've only been here since yesterday afternoon!

Wednesday, my friend, Spring, came around and helped me with those "bendy twisty" chores that kill my back. He RCMP training was showing as she put me through my paces on non-bendy twisty chores. WHEW! Did I ever hurt that night and all day yesterday! Next week, with my dog sitting money, I am hiring two guys to come take out the old furniture and stuff and haul it away. Then I can get my recliner from John and Zoe!!

I'll be hanging out here with Franki and Cocoa until Monday afternoon. They have such a comfy bed! I had the best snooze I've had in ages last night.

The house is all packed up as Franki Boi and family will be moving to a new house as soon as they return. The new occupants of this house take possession on August 15th. I'll have to make my McDonald's run for my senior coffee at some point today, I think. I'm trying to hold off but I hear caffeine and coffee calling my name!

That's the Skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:51 pm yea- hate house issues. Right now the kitchen sink has a leak - and the grinder thing isn't working - forgot what it is called. The COD bought all the parts, but hasn't fixed it yet. And really I don't care if he does. I don't want him trying to get under the sink. He isn't a spring chicken.

Garbage disposal!

I worry about the AC daily. I told my family that I want to just go move into the Holiday Inn and just live there. I miss living in military base housing! LOL

I am ready to move into an apartment as soon as my pack crosses the bridge. The COD can have the house.
I’m with you. My Dutch friend keeps asking if I’ve looked at ideas for kitchens to remodel mom’s house. She says, “It will be fun!” But I’m anticipating all the headaches.