Daily Check In July 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In July 29, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

I talked with the pharmacist about my most expensive glaucoma Rx. The generic I saw online is new and he said it’s the same as the brand name. The generic is so new that my part D doesn’t cover it! But I could get it through Goodrx for $129 for one 15 ml bottle which he said will last me three months. Right now I get two 10 ml bottles so the generic would have fewer drops but for the difference in cost, I’ll take it. Before I switch, I’ll talk with my ophthalmologist. (I’m beginning to question the value of my part D plan.)
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I mean, apartments (and condos) have their down sides as well, she said as she mentioned the other day about her rent increase (the first since covid started).

But the ability to not have to do anything is huge. I mean you CAN do things as you want to . In this apartment they even let us put in our own appliances instead of theirs if that is our thing (for me it is not). And I will probably at some day hire someone to put in a taller potty for me.

Oh by the way, we just got a flex rent option. By given them our card info (no problem here) we can not get half our rent taken out the first andh alf the fifteenth for a small fee. Since I get a small paycheck on the first and the big one (SS) on the second Wednesday I decide to go with and try that for now.

I seem to be horizontal and even mainly exercise-less today. I will be over my calories since I visited mcDs for breakfast (only by a few, still less than 1800 by far), but my sugars will be great.

I have a doctors appointment monday and will do afasting blood test. We'll see if she then wants me to test my own blood.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

So sorry to read about your sister Patty.

Almost finished dehydrating the cherries just a few more to go.

I have got the pies in the oven and those should be done soon.

Still no luck with the laptop but I am slowly getting the old desktop up and working. Can't get it to let me use the forum yet though. It tells me I am using the wrong info. Oh well I can use the phone.

Off again to get more done.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:42 pm I’m with you. My Dutch friend keeps asking if I’ve looked at ideas for kitchens to remodel mom’s house. She says, “It will be fun!” But I’m anticipating all the headaches.
One good thing about remodeling your mom's house, is that you have your own place to stay.

Having the workers here all day -eh

The COD's cousin did a great job on the living and dining room. He was going to start on the hallway - and then they got into some argument. The COD argues with everyone. And then the cousin passed away! Very sad. He even made me some triple story birdhouses!! Great carpenter.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Another update:

I have water!!! The well/pump service guy had to replace some sort of fuse box in the crawl space. It was not the pump. $350.00 but as he said much cheaper than a new pump. and it turns out it has been going out for a minute...I thought it was a cold water inlet that was jacked up in my washer because it was taking a long time to fill. Turns out the washer is fine it was this fuse box going out.
This whole morning has plumb wore me out.
But it helped to read the check ins, Clem telling about the 15 people dead in Kentucky and Patty's sister being hurt brings to mind a water problem is really very minor. I have got to get my reactions under control, I am usually not this panicky.
So far today I have done squat...will get something done this afternoon.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:49 pm Another update:

I have water!!! The well/pump service guy had to replace some sort of fuse box in the crawl space. It was not the pump. $350.00 but as he said much cheaper than a new pump. and it turns out it has been going out for a minute...I thought it was a cold water inlet that was jacked up in my washer because it was taking a long time to fill. Turns out the washer is fine it was this fuse box going out.
This whole morning has plumb wore me out.
But it helped to read the check ins, Clem telling about the 15 people dead in Kentucky and Patty's sister being hurt brings to mind a water problem is really very minor. I have got to get my reactions under control, I am usually not this panicky.
So far today I have done squat...will get something done this afternoon.
JCKitty
That is great that is it wasn't so bad. And yes - I think about how others have it way worse than I do. I should kick myself.