Daily Check In July 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 29, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

I am going to get my second cup of coffee. Definitely needed this morning for sure.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 29, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Working on my phone today as my laptop quit on me just as I started typing my post. I brought the good old desktop out and it is having a very hard time starting up. Hopefully one of the two begin to work. I do not need to purchase both a phone and a new computer. This also means all my photos are gone. Just when I was going to put them on a thumb drive. Hopefully the lap top solves its problem and can be restarted.

Any how it is a normal Friday here. A few tasks to do and a few to finish off. I may spend some time getting various things on the TV computer just in case. That is an extra little task.

Off to get some of my tasks done. Will check in again later.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning friends. Slow start to the morning and I'm still feeling groggy due to the dogs waking me up far to early. Oh well. I plan some "big ticket tasks" today. I never removed the rug from my bedroom that I had planned to do a couple weeks ago - so hopefully that. I just can't deal with the dog hair on the rug. The rug is supposed to be dark purple - it always looks white and I vacuum it nearly every day. I will relocate it to the dining room or "front room" (I think what used to be known as a parlor - it's weird). The dogs don't go into that part of the house unless I let them in for a reason (people outside, etc.)

I'm rambling - that's how tired I still feel - and I need breakfast - so off to get that ready. Have a great day!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I hope it starts back up and you get your photos off it right away. A computer shop can probably pull them off the hard drive for you, if all else fails.

Happy Daze, we had to give up on big rugs due to the dogs. Or I should say "dog," because Goldie has a weak bladder and will tinkle when excited or upset.

Today is the department's mandatory fun day, which the non-executive staff is referring to as "fundatory." Maybe it's the required prison gray t-shirts? :-D I declined to attend because I have a short day and have a lot of work to do. The event meals are always deadly -- "guaranteed to cause you to lose a couple of pounds overnight!" -- so I'm a lot happier working away and eating my own food.

Hope you all have a great day. It's cloudy and specking rain here, so we're in for a cooler day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Hopefully one day I will be able to sleep. Wah - I'm up but not alert.

Then the wifi started acting up - wah - first world problems

I need to get a different hobby besides this computer. Maybe it is the heat who knows.

Not sure what I will do today. I do want to sweep and maybe even mop - exciting - :mrgreen:

Have a great day
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning all. Just jumping on to say hello. Not much has been going on around here, just same old same old...

My sister was in an accident yesterday (a car backed into her when she was on a motorized scooter in the Walmart parking lot). She broke her right arm right below the shoulder. She was able to get into an orthopedist yesterday afternoon. It was a clean break, so no surgery necessary. She will have to keep it wrapped/immobilized/in a sling for the next 6-8 weeks. Which means she won't be able to sleep in her bed and will be stuck sleeping in her recliner. She told me that the woman who hit her told her she was sorry, she didn't see her, and my DS said not to worry, she knew it was an accident, she wouldn't sue her. WTH...

I just finished watching Ted Lasso seasons 1 and 2 for the third time. Such a feel good show. It's my escapist pastime.
Patty