Daily Check In July 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In July 30, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

It has been another slow day that included another nap. Ugh, I need to get my energy up!!

I just talked with my friend who was my former neighbor (about a mile away, lol) from when I lived in my trailer in the woods. We are going on a tour at the Farm Sanctuary next Friday, I just booked it!!! I am so excited, I love it there!!! (even tho some of the stories...your heart will shatter if you let it). We are going for a vegan supper afterward at a "sanctuary recommended" restaurant that doesn't look to be too expensive. I don't always eat vegan and she never does, but after a tour there - well, ya just do.

It seems so good to have something to look forward to. I know I felt a lot better after hitting the lake with my other friend last weekend. Maybe I need to get out and about more - frugally of course. The Farm Sanctuary tickets are $16 each, so frugal is in the eyes of the beholder in this case - to me, it is money well spent.

I haven't decided if I will go browse the grocery store this evening or not - if I do, I do, if I don't it's okay. Hope everyone has a good evening.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Youngest is home, laptop still working, and I have moved all the pictures onto a flash drive so if something happens I won't lose them. Now I get to start all over, but first I have to clear the recycle bin and make even more room on the computer.

Hubby checked his pictures on the trail camera and we caught the bunny in action. So cool.

Off to get the garlic bread ready to go in the oven.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I spent over an hour frustrated with my zigzag sewing machine. It kept jamming, on the top threading. After looking at my vintage sewing machines. I realized that the problem was the design of one of the upper thread guides.

I have a few quilting safety pins. I used that to bypass the second thread guide. Now it works great.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:57 pm It has been another slow day that included another nap. Ugh, I need to get my energy up!!

I just talked with my friend who was my former neighbor (about a mile away, lol) from when I lived in my trailer in the woods. We are going on a tour at the Farm Sanctuary next Friday, I just booked it!!! I am so excited, I love it there!!! (even tho some of the stories...your heart will shatter if you let it). We are going for a vegan supper afterward at a "sanctuary recommended" restaurant that doesn't look to be too expensive. I don't always eat vegan and she never does, but after a tour there - well, ya just do.

It seems so good to have something to look forward to. I know I felt a lot better after hitting the lake with my other friend last weekend. Maybe I need to get out and about more - frugally of course. The Farm Sanctuary tickets are $16 each, so frugal is in the eyes of the beholder in this case - to me, it is money well spent.

I haven't decided if I will go browse the grocery store this evening or not - if I do, I do, if I don't it's okay. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Good for you! I like seeing you treat yourself well and not spending your weekends just doing chores. You lived on such a very tight budget for a long time (and still watch your spending a lot) that you deserve to do special things. Life is too short to not smell the roses sometimes.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a very quiet day. I did get some hand sewing done that I’ve put off for quite awhile. Mostly I worked on my puzzle, watched an episode of Ted Lasso and the first episode of season 4 of Killing Eve.

There’s a good story in the NYT about retailers’ over abundance of unsold and returned merchandise. In the Comments many people mentioned that a lot of online returns are because so many items are now hard to find in local stores and when you order online it is hard to tell the quality (or lack of quality) of items ordered. General consensus was that so much merchandise is now crap. I totally agree and I think most of you agree also.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/30/business/retail-returns-liquidation.html
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:57 pm It has been another slow day that included another nap. Ugh, I need to get my energy up!!

That is a frugal price to pay for mental health. Have some fun, this is what you are frugal for, not only for saving for retirement or your new vehicle.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/