Daily Check In July 31, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In July 31, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another warm summer Texas day! The COD is doing well. He said they woke him up too early.

I didn't sleep well. Seemed like I was up every hour. But weirdly it was almost 9 before I got up. I thought it was maybe 7. Maybe I did sleep?? Just doesn't feel like it.

Just going to hang around here - do a few chores. Have to put the trash bins out. Darn all the things the COD used to do. I even had to check the mailbox. Poor grass - he would water every night. Ugh. I am so lazy!!!

Have a great day all
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I didn’t sleep very well last night. I kept waking up a lot, so I woke up tired this morning.

I have a towel wash in the washer.

I am so glad that I was able to fix the sewing machine yesdterday.

No big plans for the day.

Penny
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Sunshine today but we had some rain last night so there’s no need to water the plants today - yippee! Always happy for one less task.

The garden produce has been coming in fast and furious! Yesterday I harvested the cherries. They’re the small, sour pie cherries. Unfortunately we are too far north to grow Bing cherries. Spent half an hour this morning pitting them (4 cups), while wearing a black t shirt as that cherry juice splatters everywhere. I made a cherry crisp this morning (healthier version) so sure hope it turns out well as a bit labour intensive!

Our kale and red Swiss chard can be harvested every three days, I have tons and tons of parsley, so have been making parsley salad, very soon I will have green beans, still have radishes, but they’re starting to get woody, harvest rhubarb about every three weeks and zucchini will come later.

As if all the gardening isn’t enough, I have been making some of Dd1’s favourite family meals and freezing them. Her bf is a hefty 6foot 2inch man, so I am anticipating we will need to have fairly large meals. It’s a pain now to do this but will make things so much easier later on.

Yesterday according to my phone App, I walked 15.52 km or 9.6 miles yesterday with a neighbourhood friend. I won’t be exercising to that extent today but Dd2 and I are planning a bike ride later on today. Since it’s Sunday, I plan to do a little less today, regroup and catch up with some of my penpals.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Got my bills paid, I just had garbage and utilities to pay - I still have to write checks for those - ugh. I could pay utilities online but they charge a fee - no thanks. Put some money into the emergency fund and some into regular savings, left my "buffer" that I keep in the checking account alone, it helps me sleep at night.

Getting ready to take a shower and go over to the grocery store, see if there are any "deals" to be had. Then will walk to the utility company to drop the check in the night deposit, saving a stamp. I will take Hope - it will be her big daily wail - because, while it's very warm, it isn't too hot for her to make the trip.

I can see my Lucy Dog really slowing down. She can still get around, still see and hear, but all 3 are decreasing. I try to focus on what she CAN do - and she is expert at finding all the cat food I put out and gobbling it up, little stinker. I'm going to give her the best for what time she has to stay with me - I will not let her suffer or not enjoy life. She is "only" ten (as best as I know) but the first 3 to 4 years of her life were terrible and I'm sure that didn't help her long-term. She is having an especially good day today, really racing around the lawn when I take her out, sniffing the air, rolling on her back in the shade. Love her to the moon and back.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I have also paid all of the August bills

Except for water - haven't received that yet. It might already be posted online, but I have not looked.

They also charge a fee if you pay online. I refused and would just write a check and drop it in the outside box. But then they got rid of that and you had to go inside or the drive thru - actually associate with folks - :mrgreen:

So I bit the bullet and did the online thing.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:20 pm I have also paid all of the August bills

Except for water - haven't received that yet. It might already be posted online, but I have not looked.

They also charge a fee if you pay online. I refused and would just write a check and drop it in the outside box. But then they got rid of that and you had to go inside or the drive thru - actually associate with folks - :mrgreen:

So I bit the bullet and did the online thing.
When I paid my car registration this morning, I used an e-check. Made me a bit nervous for some reason but I unchecked the box that would allow them to save my banking information. With an e-check there was no service charge. For my driver’s license the other day I wrote a check. For both of these there would have been a service charge (not sure how much) if I had used a credit card.