Daily Check In July 31, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 31, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, just starting us off.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 31, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I did not water plants last night as we had a storm blow through. And blow through it did, so I will water plants this morning. Probably get eaten alive by mosquitoes as well while doing so.

Buns were not made yesterday either so I will make them today along with perhaps some unbaked cookies. Planning a bit on what to send back with youngest DS when he leaves tomorrow.

Youngest's car looks awesome now. No pushed in backside Kia did an awesome job.

Gas fell another three cents a liter here yesterday so Hubby went and filled his truck. Still cost over $100.00 but not as bad as the last time he filled. It is down to 1.75.9 a liter from a high of $2.19.9. Steadily falling which is a good thing. Hopefully it goes down even further.

Here it is the end of the month and I really can not say I have accomplished much beyond keeping the flower beds and such weeded. No big project finishes so those will be carried over to next month, along with the gathering of items needed to make Christmas gifts. I hope to get started on those. Probably get some ornaments fashioned and the pajama bottoms made (Hubby will still get a pair of those I think or something similar that I have made).

Today I get to enter all the receipts into the budget and see how we did overall for the month. I am hoping not too badly as things rise in price and the return on our investments tries to get back to normal. It will be slow going on the second part. Still things seem to be getting slightly better overall. Now if other prices would fall not just gas, well things would really start to look up.

I ordered a few things via Amazon last week, some lens wipes, a rug back blank (I believe a round one) and some fairy lights that go in Mason jars. They should start arriving this coming week. I probably should have ordered the shepherd hooks at the same time. I will take a look next time I am shopping and see if there are any available in town still. I love the twinkle of lights at night, Hubby not so much. I will continue with my quest to get the yard filled with tiny lights.

We are heading back into some very warm weather to start off August. I think our air conditioning will be getting another workout and our power bill will go ever higher. I think my favourite seasons are going to be fall and spring when things either cool down or start to warm and we can have the windows open to cool down the house.

Supper tonight is going to be a pork roast along with the remains of the salad from last night, mashed potatoes, and I think peas.

Today I am grateful for getting in a visit with youngest DS. I wonder if I could convince Hubby to make a trip to visit oldest?

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning Jackie and all Frugal Friends. It is promising to be a beautiful day. I will be puttering and trying to enjoy it to the fullest. The dogs have been out - and out - AND OUT - and are finally down for their morning snooze.

I need to go forage for breakfast, I am very hungry. I wish you all a great Sunday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m going to meet my friend for iced tea this morning. We are meeting early because she has just started driving again after her broken wrist and there will be less traffic early in the day. I’ll use my Starbucks gift card earned with Bing. I have enough on there for several visits so I’ll get an Amazon gift card on my next redemption.

This morning I paid my car registration online, wrote a check for my HOA and entered the automatic deductions in my checkbook. Most of my biggest bills for the year are behind me - hopefully.

I’ve been thinking of trying to grow sprouts in a jar. I still have my “sprout maker” (amber jar with mesh cap) from my college days. I’m not sure where to buy the seeds/beans. I believe the sprouts I grew regularly years ago were alfalfa but I don’t remember where I bought the seeds. Does anyone grow sprouts? If so, where do you buy the seeds/beans? We actually have a fairly new grocery store called Sprouts but I’ve never been in it.

It is really hot. I may stop by mom’s house after Starbucks but I’m not going to do any work. I want to see if there is a new toilet flapper there. I need it for my house.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a nice summer day here. Although I did an hour of exercise inside this morning, I just got back from a half hour walk around my co-op.

Today is going to be quiet as usual. I didn't get to cleaning out the other side of my sink cabinet yesterday so I will do that today. I've also pulled a couple more books out of my closet to give away. They were books I bought a long time ago and never really looked at. If I had looked at them when I got them, I would have returned them. Oh well, LOL.

I want to do some more coloring today and read some more of my paperback I started a week or so ago. It's not as good as some otherwise I would have finished it last week. Anyway, the rest of the day will be whatever strikes the mood.

Dinner tonight will be soup.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I had trouble going to sleep: my brain would not shut up. Woke up fairly early and have been enjoying a big mug of coffee on the sofa.

We have had lots of rain this weekend. It is much cooler than during the week.

Yesterday I made an expensive order from Chewy because Rosie and Goldie needed their supplements for arthritis and bladder support, respectively. That will keep them going for quite a long time. I also ordered some shelf-stable food items from Amazon. I had looked all over locally for a source and could not put together more than a package or two.

I am aiming to finish getting our pantry well stocked, as the global food picture looks worrisome.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie