Daily Check in Aug 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Aug 1, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:03 pm Quilter, I heard a nasty rumor that it is supposed to be over 100 degrees here for the rest of the week - IN NEW YORK!! I don't know how y'all do it - but I guess I'm going to find out.
yes - that sounds nuts for weather out your way!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal ones. Had a rugged day at work. Spent the day trying to wrap up a summer of work with a bored colleague who would not shut up taking up space next to my desk.

However, tomorrow first thing I go back to my home office and Bored McChattypants gets the summer office. I will be leaping with joy!

Poured rain most of the day here, but at least it's cooler.

Clem, I am glad the COD is going to come home and is okay.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Sheila I've just learned that my outside time needs to be in the am, lol.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Youngest and grandcat left fairly early this morning. He (DS not the grandcat) called when he arrived at his house.

Most household tasks are completed. I started feeling a bit ill just awhile ago and now once supper is on the table, garbage bin out, and things are cleared up I am going to hop in the tub for a soak and then hit my bed and read for a bit.

What hasn't been done can wait until tomorrow.

Off to add the coconut milk to the lentil curry and get the rice into a bowl.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 am Good Mornings friends.

So many stories about my trip. We had a guy who slipped on some steps and hurt his back. he has a history of back problems. And his speed boat had a problem with it's bilge pump. Another guy slipped on rocks and fell, but he was ok in the end. One of the boats had some mechanical issues. We had to call the maintenance team out a couple of times. We had to restart our boat's generator multiple times a day. Fortunately it restarted every time it cut out. The weather was better than expected. This year the boats have wi-fi. I ended up driving and was given more than enough gas money. Surprisingly, each share of the food bill was very similar to previous years. The ladies that did the buying did cut back. We still have lots of leftovers.

Then on my way home, I got a text from Mom, my kids were coming to her house for dinner. So I got to see all of my favorite people. DS2 even came.

Doing laundry today, tonight will be investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Wonderful
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:53 pm yes - that sounds nuts for weather out your way!!!
Clem, I looked at the forecast and that rumor was just that - a rumor. Today's high is supposed to be 81 then low 90's the rest of the week. High humidity though.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz