Daily Check in Aug 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check in Aug 1, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
2nd attempt at posting, the first one just disappeared.
Jackie, I also stayed up too late by my firepit. It was so pleasant, and I enjoyed it. We enjoyed our "fried supper" I haven't eaten that much fried food in forever. It was good.
I have the robovac going and just got off the tele with the renter. The usual....gritch,gritch gritch. I swear she would be unhappy if her ice cream was cold.
Today is sunny so just waiting on the overnight shower we received to dry off and then will hopefully get some weeding done. Squirrels are trying to dig in my plants already...
I have another batch of lime pickles going. Small batch but that is okay.
I need to vacuum the upholstery and might do some dusting of areas that don't get used much. I also want to disinfect doors and such, covid is running high in my county. Found out over the weekend that 2 families that sat around us at the fair have it. We were in a barn show ring but still...
Off to do something.
JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Cloudy day today and on the cooler side, mid 70s . . . but expected to hit 90 tomorrow.

Had a lot to do this morning in addition to my normal Monday routine. I had not only my Monday chat but also a presentation on "Keeping Memory Alive". Had a quick lunch and just got back from the store . . . needed salad ingredients. I have to go out tomorrow too, but thought if I already had the makings for the salads, I could do them early shortly after I get up.

I've done some game playing on Pogo games. Will probably go read in a few minutes.

Dinner tonight is going to be a hamburger and veggies.

Until tomorrow. Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had a quick lunch with sibling and niece. I didn't really eat much - way too salty.

I have this aversion to that - which is good I guess?

Then I went to the store to buy things the COD can have to eat. No more weekly ribeyes! Salads, veggies, fruits, low fat meats - chicken and fish.

He was always doing things around the house, but I guess diet plays a big part in that also.

I'm changing my eating habits also. No more chicken wings.

I went and did some things outside - watered some plants that were just sagging in the heat. It isn't hot under the trees, so not bad at all. Set out leftover foods for the wildlife. I had not filled their water bowl - poor things!!! I forgot. I did have other water bowls in the carport and porch - hope they found some. I won't forget.

Now to just sit and wait - and worry?? :roll:
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 am Good Mornings friends.

So many stories about my trip. We had a guy who slipped on some steps and hurt his back. he has a history of back problems. And his speed boat had a problem with it's bilge pump. Another guy slipped on rocks and fell, but he was ok in the end. One of the boats had some mechanical issues. We had to call the maintenance team out a couple of times. We had to restart our boat's generator multiple times a day. Fortunately it restarted every time it cut out. The weather was better than expected. This year the boats have wi-fi. I ended up driving and was given more than enough gas money. Surprisingly, each share of the food bill was very similar to previous years. The ladies that did the buying did cut back. We still have lots of leftovers.

Then on my way home, I got a text from Mom, my kids were coming to her house for dinner. So I got to see all of my favorite people. DS2 even came.

Doing laundry today, tonight will be investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Your house boating sounds so interesting!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi Everyone~
My family weekend was EPIC.....:)
Perfect weather. All the younger cousins who hadn't seen each other in a few years..reconnected.
On Sat. night, our son..daughter in law...and niece that we raised surprised us with a full Fiesta night. They had told us they were ordering Mexican food so we had a night of no cooking. It was SO much more! There was music..fabulous food..a piñata...Mexican drinks..hats and maracas. And THEN....at the end...an ice cream truck!!!
We all had so much fun!
Everyone left yesterday...home to Long Island NY....North Carolina...Las Vegas..Cape May....and Colorado!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

It’s a cooler day here today so I spent quite a bit of time in the garden - dead heading the flowers, weeding, trimming shrubs, harvesting parsley, cherry tomatoes and now a few green beans were ready. There’s tons of other herbs, but they’re going to wait for another day.

In the process of really cleaning out our spare bedroom, I decided to pack some items in my storage trunk from university days. I knew I had emptied out all the linens and my skates, so imagine my shock when I found confidential work documents from 1998! Oh, how I hated that position! I had a one year contract as an attendance officer, and my job was basically taking kids 12 and over to court or the parents if the child was under 12. A police officer I could never be - this was scary enough as I was required to make home visits, search for kids under bridges, etc. Anyway the school board gave up that position and wouldn’t store my documents, needed in case of future liability. I was required to keep them for 10 years. I had 12 log books, all numbered in which I had to document every phone call made, every important item of mail received and the outcome of the call. Every student on my caseload had an individual file, with all kinds of confidential documents including child protection agency reports and the action I had implemented. So I was shredding like a mad woman both yesterday and also today and am happy to say goodbye to that year of my life! Actually so grateful I dealt with it, as one of the students was a classmate of my oldest daughter. It’s certainly not something I would want her to see. Four full recycling bags later, the job is done! Lesson learned- never leave anything in your house untouched for over two years. I had cleaned and rearranged that closet many times, just never looked inside the trunk! All paper products returned and neatly stored with matching packages together. Could almost open a store, lol!

This evening after dinner I hope to rest as I feel like I have been going full throttle for the past week. Forgot to mention Dd2 and I went for a walk together to the two little libraries in our neighbourhood, so another 6000 steps to add to my total!

Have a wonderful evening!
Creative