Daily Check In August 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In August 2, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. I'm finally sliding into a stop. I got to work early this morning because of moving back into my old office, which was kind of a wreck. The first thing I did was take out a pile of trash and clean for an hour. Then I went off for training, lunch and a bunch of other chores.

At least all my stuff was still here: one of my co-workers who was gone all summer had his desk chair stolen. Our actual office is missing the four chairs that went around our work table. Once the next few busy days are over, I need to head to campus surplus and find some folding chairs for us to use. Those I can lock in a closet over breaks so that no one gets light-fingered with them.

Clem, I hope everything is going to be okay. (((HUGS))) Even though you and the COD are just roomies now, you two have stuck together for a very long time.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Got the new phone, and have moved a few things over from the old. Taking awhile, but slowly and surely. I finally remembered just now how I moved Blogger onto my old phone. Will do that and the forum next. Taking a bit of a break right now.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Boy it is warm out there - weather app says 104!

AC kept running so I kicked it up another degree. It is comfy here at 80. We have lots of fans running.

Of course if the COD does come home - will have to put it back down, even though his room has the thermostat and is the coolest room in the house.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem I understand the near the medical thing but I expect it will be les stress for him and more comfortable to be in his home environment.

Happy Daze, I used to take out large amounts of cash when traveling cross country even after the debit card age, and once had about eight thousand in my home. I no longer think cash is the safest option for me personally.

Back again. So I was in the water for for an hour and a half. the keens worked well. Unfortunately I dont know who many steps I can cleaim although I was walking or moving back and forth the whole time. tomorrow I am getting up early to do a couple errands and walk and then I will go to the pool in the afternoon around four just to relax and enjoy the water!

This afternoon I have been trying to blog since I planned to start back. I am a failure so far. I think I need to sit down and think on some topics as I just don't do today is kind of posts. My goal is mainly to focus on lifestyle and frugal and aging topics.

My free motin keeps not catching the bottom thread although normal sewing works fine. Gonna have to play with it, but I am working on my trick or treat bags and table runner and napkins.

I think im going to start volunteering again at a homeless office or shelter in person, we will see.

Dinner is pork chops and mashed potatoes and salad ans spinach. Even though I worked out this morning in the pool I need to get up and mvoe for awhile and water my plants!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The COD is home.

His daughter wanted him to stay with her but he said it is too far and he wanted to be home. Has a follow-up on Thursday.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

casadekitty wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:23 pm Hello all,

I feel like I have bled money all day today, My mowers were returned and then I had to put the first draw on the new roof on the mobile home rental.
I am exhausted already and it's only early afternoon.
Still have a load of laundry to hang and one floor to run the floor cleaner on and then that job is done.

My renter has been told again, do NOT add anything to the roofers list. OMG she is such a user.
Still have bills to pay but I really think that is a job for tomorrow or later this evening. My brain feels worn out. Nothing is due but I like to pay everything all at one time and get it over with.
So much of this was on the fiance's to-do list and I am hoping by getting stuff done it will give me some peace of mind. Every time I see or think about something that he wanted to take care of I feel like I am going to have a break down. But hopefully that will get better as things are taken care of.

I am off to hang laundry and possibly take a short nap. Supper will be what ever.
JCKitty
Hugs Kitty. This is a rough time for you. And...just saying...you need a new renter.