Daily Check In August 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In August 2, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem it sounds like he is probably staying with a relative closer. If it were me if I didnt hear in a certain that's just me. But I tend to let things linger on my mind.

Florida I mainly do as you do and put everything in one pile. But having said htat lately I have been doing a large pickup that is generally household stuff, and when I do that, or if it is personal care it goes under that heading. I am trying to get things so that I replenish my personal care stuff or my household stuff all at once, and it last me months for both.

Went to be sometime around ten thirty and got up at six, so a decent night.

Planning in trying to wear my keens in the pool to protect my feet and doing some water walking today for the exercise. Even tho we are in texas the pool will close sometime after labor day so I should take advantage of it while I can. I have thought about using the indoor pool (natatorium) afterward, but I always feel like the deck is scary slippery and will make me fall because all the high school teams practice and it does get wet. So after that I''ll be back to walking.

Decided to skip Bible study today and make ait an at home day. I will take the stew beef in the slow coooker and make vegetable beef soup. so It can be frozen. The cherry pork chops yesterday were just okay, I need to fine tune that recipe a big, but I will ahve them again this evening with a salad and vegetable.

Working on some master lists for this month and the next and want to get some fall sewing done.

Nothing else exciting today so far.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's a typical August summer day with plenty of sun and a temperature in the high 80s with a higher humidity than I like LOL. Tomorrow and Thursday are expected to be 95 and 91 respectively.

Slept later this morning but managed to get half of my exercise in and making my salads for the next week. I also ran out to the Post Office and the bank. While at the bank I heard someone request over $7200 in CASH, the largest cash withdrawal I've ever seen. Normally one asks for a bank check or multiple checks. It certainly made me wonder what she was going to use it for.

I haven't yet read my newspaper and I need to put in some more exercise time today. I want to do some reading, work on some Sudoku puzzles and perhaps a grid logic problem as well.

Dinner tonight is pancakes.

That's it for now, have a nice day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My trash and garbage is out.

I rotated my mattress today, I have the now clean sheets in the dryer. I need to finish making the bed. The dress wash is hanging in the bathroom.

My Walmart order is on the way. It should be here soon. So today will be a busy day.

After I put it away I plan a day tackling the paper monster.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:56 am Good morning all.

Slept later this morning but managed to get half of my exercise in and making my salads for the next week. I also ran out to the Post Office and the bank. While at the bank I heard someone request over $7200 in CASH, the largest cash withdrawal I've ever seen. Normally one asks for a bank check or multiple checks. It certainly made me wonder what she was going to use it for.

That's it for now, have a nice day.
My guess is for a vehicle purchase from a private person. My friend’s daughter and her DH traveled to the Orlando area in hopes of buying a camper from a private party and when they got there the person would only accept cash. They didn’t get the camper. I thought it was strange but then learned that people won’t accept personal checks and dishonest people have even found ways of counterfeiting bank checks.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Night light bulbs are now two in a pack instead of four in a pack and I’m almost certain the price has not changed, $2.99. Very high. I bought them but will check the Walmart price next time I place an order there.

— Wow, much cheaper at Walmart! $1.97 and still four in a pack. Same brand, GE. Next time I’ll know.

I thought I might treat myself to ice cream sandwiches. I’ve bought the Publix brand in the past. But they only had Blue Bunny at $7.99 for 12 which I thought was very high. I didn’t get them.

In the comment section of a recent NYT column on the economy, people were complaining if fewer store-brand products on the shelves. They blamed it on the manufacturers that want to sell their higher priced brand names and I believe that is correct. That said, Publix still has most of its store brands still on the shelf.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:50 am My guess is for a vehicle purchase from a private person. My friend’s daughter and her DH traveled to the Orlando area in hopes of buying a camper from a private party and when they got there the person would only accept cash. They didn’t get the camper. I thought it was strange but then learned that people won’t accept personal checks and dishonest people have even found ways of counterfeiting bank checks.
Never would have thought of that. I guess I'm still a bit too trusting.