Daily Check In August 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 2, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee. Back pretty soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 2, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I crawled into bed very early last night, and after reading perhaps 20 minutes needed to turn out the light at fell asleep immediately. I still feel somewhat iffy this morning so phone shopping might not take place today. Though I could do that online I would much rather see the phones in person and be able to talk to our telephone/cell phone company representatives.

As far as weather, well right now there is a cool breeze coming in a few of the windows, and it is hazy or slightly overcast. There is a chance of rain this morning, but the temperatures are supposed to reach the low 30's C by this afternoon.

The household task list for the old homestead is almost as long today as yesterdays was. One big difference is that I have no mending and only 1 item to iron so those will be done in a jiffy. Plant watering I will only need to do that to a couple of plants that are sheltered as we got rain Sunday night. I do have herbs to dry, some of which take a bit of preparation (I didn't get any done on Monday and I really should have done a couple) so I just might be doing double batches of that today. I also need to freeze the leftover coconut milk from my making lentil curry last night. It is expensive and I do not want to waste any. I probably have a cup or more left of it.

I do want to get in the sewing room once again. I haven't been in there for a few days and really need to work on the quilt. I also need to gather the items for my projects this month. I think those will be some Christmas ornaments, a start on youngest's quilt, and at least Hubby's pajama bottoms. Those along with what I am already working on should keep me busy. The backing for oldest DS's t-shirt rug won't be here until the middle to end of the month so I won't be starting that quite yet.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover roast pork made into a casserole. I am thinking Pork Supreme as that casserole is done on top of the stove. As a side I will serve veggies and dip.

Today I am grateful that we have cooler nights and can open the windows wide.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I ended up leading the Investment club meeting last night. I am Vice-President. The president was nto feeling well. It went well.

I plan to get a walk in after work today. I need to go vote. Our state legislature has been mucking around with districting for state offices. So there are a couple of positions that they were unable to put on the ballot last May.

I've got online annual training to work on for my customer.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Yesterday I was tired all day because of a sleepless night. I did get over to mom’s house very early and did an hour of trimming.

In a few minutes I’ll go to get gas and groceries. To simplify a bit, I’ve stopped breaking out non-food items when i enter my grocery spending in my budget. So whether I buy household items, toiletries, food or whatever, they all go in my grocery budget.

Later this morning I’ll drop off the changes to my Will at the lawyer’s office. It will take several weeks for them to make the changes. Very slow.

I’m almost finished with my puzzle but the sky has been hard even though there are clouds. I probably have 20 pieces left to do.

I looked at Mom’s Meals that Clem has ordered for her DS. It looks good. Nice selection. Not right now but I may try them in the future.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes FloridaCatLover - the mom's meals are not bad.

I had thought about ordering more for the COD, but decided to wait and it was a good thing.

I have not heard from him since he texted at 12:30 yesterday. He told me he was getting released and picking up meds and going home. I guess that did not mean this home. Which is okay. He could be staying with his daughter, sister or brother in the city. That is better - closer to the medical center. Even if he is staying with a "friend" - that is okay with me. We are not in a relationship - just roommates.

He emphasized each time he texted - do not worry - so I am trying to do that. But of course I didn't sleep much again. But I feel okay today.

His nocturnal dog again had to go out at 2am. I fed him at midnight also. Ugh.

I have a library meeting and will go to that. Have to keep trying to do normal things.

Have a nice day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

and if something was wrong with him again - his daughter or sister would call and let me know. I think. Unless he tells them not to call -