Daily Check In August 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In August 3, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:51 pm Clem..how on earth do you not speak Spanish??? LOL!!!!
I know - right - lol

I remember when I lived in Laredo Texas with my first spouse - people at stores etc would look at me weird when I could not answer back in Spanish. I could understand, but just not say it. LOL>
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:32 pm Thanks all for sending us prayers.

The COD is doing well. In fact against my wishes he went up into the attic to take care of an AC issue. He would not let me call the AC guy. After that event, I told him I was going to have the guy come by every week to change the filter and check the drain pipe. Ugh - he did not say no.

He is eating well. I bought him meals made for heart issues. Just ordered more. He has had them before and he likes them.

On the other hand, my ill sibling is back in the hospital. She is on hospice care, so don't know what will happen. She needs prayers and good thoughts also. Has been a crazy day.
Glad to see that the COD is embracing the healthier meals; will send a prayer hoping God can keep him on that path.

Sorry to hear about your sister, the back and forth between feeling better and not isn't easy. Prayers going out to you, her and the rest of the family.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:32 pm Thanks all for sending us prayers.

The COD is doing well. In fact against my wishes he went up into the attic to take care of an AC issue. He would not let me call the AC guy. After that event, I told him I was going to have the guy come by every week to change the filter and check the drain pipe. Ugh - he did not say no.

He is eating well. I bought him meals made for heart issues. Just ordered more. He has had them before and he likes them.

On the other hand, my ill sibling is back in the hospital. She is on hospice care, so don't know what will happen. She needs prayers and good thoughts also. Has been a crazy day.
Prayers for your sister and that the COD still continues on the road to recovery.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

If her parents mainly spoke english at home to her or a mix and everyone else does the same, she would not have that speaking ability. Being hispanic doesn't mean you speak spanish any more than being second generation french means you speak that language.

I lived in Germany for a total of twelve years and spoke the language every day. But without someone to speak it to regularly, my speaking skills are gone. I have subscribed to german newspapers and watch german tv shows wishing I could turn off the subtitles and I am now taking something called german pod 101 but my actual speaking sucks.