Daily Check In August 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In August 3, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good evening, frugal friends. I had a very busy day at work: was in training most of the day. Our departmental supervisor found out how badly we had been mis-used this summer and promised it would not happen again. Then she got to apologize again a few hours later when one of her colleagues yelled at us. My temper got the better of me and I raised my voice back to her rude colleague. Rude Colleague was so mean to me last summer that I asked several people if she was hazing me, so I am primed to not put up with her nonsense.

I may start a countdown to retirement chart and post it in the office.

On the positive side, I had an excellent visit with my awesome family doctor this morning, who recommended somethings to do to help my knees.

Hope you all had a good day and Clem sleeps better tonight.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:59 pm Good evening, frugal friends. I had a very busy day at work: was in training most of the day. Our departmental supervisor found out how badly we had been mis-used this summer and promised it would not happen again. Then she got to apologize again a few hours later when one of her colleagues yelled at us. My temper got the better of me and I raised my voice back to her rude colleague. Rude Colleague was so mean to me last summer that I asked several people if she was hazing me, so I am primed to not put up with her nonsense.

I may start a countdown to retirement chart and post it in the office.

On the positive side, I had an excellent visit with my awesome family doctor this morning, who recommended somethings to do to help my knees.

Hope you all had a good day and Clem sleeps better tonight.
Mackie, what you describe is a hostile work environment and is illegal, not to mention just terrible! I hope things really do get better next summer!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Thanks all for sending us prayers.

The COD is doing well. In fact against my wishes he went up into the attic to take care of an AC issue. He would not let me call the AC guy. After that event, I told him I was going to have the guy come by every week to change the filter and check the drain pipe. Ugh - he did not say no.

He is eating well. I bought him meals made for heart issues. Just ordered more. He has had them before and he likes them.

On the other hand, my ill sibling is back in the hospital. She is on hospice care, so don't know what will happen. She needs prayers and good thoughts also. Has been a crazy day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:33 pm I think it is very hard unless someone is in an environment where the language is spoken every day. Still I think I’ll try it.

A friend took Spanish for five years in high school and college in Virginia and then took her junior year abroad in Spain and said she couldn’t understand a word spoken by the family where she lived. But the longer she was there she got better with the language.
I am Hispanic and cannot speak Spanish - :mrgreen: . Now I can understand most of it and can read it, but speak it - no way. I also took lots of years of Spanish classes - high school and college. Nope.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:26 pm Mackie, what you describe is a hostile work environment and is illegal, not to mention just terrible! I hope things really do get better next summer!
If I have to be there next summer, I hope so too.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:01 pm I am Hispanic and cannot speak Spanish - :mrgreen: . Now I can understand most of it and can read it, but speak it - no way. I also took lots of years of Spanish classes - high school and college. Nope.
Clem..how on earth do you not speak Spanish??? LOL!!!!