Daily Check In August 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 3, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Going to get some coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 3, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is supposed to be slightly cooler today which will be nice. I have to go out and hunt for produce this morning. Mainly cucumbers and any beans that look ready to be picked. There wasn't quite enough for the two of us yesterday, but a few more added will make a great addition to our meal tonight.

I spent a bit of time online last night printing out lentil, chickpea, and bean recipes. Going to try adding more of those to the diet. It may take some getting used to, but could actually be the way to add another meatless meal to the menus every so often. Hubby is more than willing to try something new, and if he doesn't like it, well we finish it after some tweaking, and never make it again.

I think I have managed to get pretty much everything back on my phone. I have a weather app to download yet, and I need to sync it to the bluetooth in the vehicle and I am pretty much done. Oh and one more game app if I can find it.

I am supposed to help with Mass at the hospital today, but it all depends on if my stiffness leaves and I get moving a bit quicker. Yesterday, even though I got things completed was pretty much a bust when it came to working on projects. Not sure if I want that to happen today. We shall see if I can accomplish what needs doing before I need to leave. Tasks for today are water all plants, search for produce in the garden, dust, weed planters and side, dehydrate more herbs (they are getting away from me so today will be thyme, oregano and hopefully some more mint), and a small monthly extra cleaning task. Really nothing that will take a great deal of time. Yet enough to keep me busy and out of trouble.

Frugally no money will be spent. I spent enough yesterday on the new phone and even though I put a good chunk down on it will be making payments for two years. I could have paid it off, but what the heck there is no interest charged and in two years I can upgrade to another phone if this does not suit. Perhaps they will be back to 0 cost phones with no monthly payments... Doubt it but I can hope.

Supper tonight is going to be the remainder of the lentil curry along with some green beans from the garden.

Today I am grateful that I am sleeping so much better.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another bright and sunny summer day. Turned on the A/C for an hour or so to get the humidity out of my apartment and turned it off once accomplished.

Nothing special planned for today and I think I'll make it one of my whatever happens kind of a day and just go with the flow.

Dinner tonight will be a hot pocket sandwich and some veggies on the side.

Have a wonderful day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning. A decent sleep was had last night, although not the over ten hours my phone thought, lol. Seems it had me silently reading as asleep

I would not leave the house today except for the fact that my car and back seat are full of donation bags. I need milk and one other thing, so maybe I will go and get them or maybe I will suffer without eggs and the last coke and go tomorrow. Who knows. I am really an egg girl so I will make the little drive I suppose. Then I can have breakfast for dinner, lol.

Tomorrow I will decide if I will join the crafting group at the library in the morning or have a day at home. Next week is fairly busy with things every day of the week and my son coming back into down for the funeral so I am fine sitting home mainly this week and working on my projects.

I need to rotate laundry and probably vaccum and spend a half an houron some deeper project. Other than that and my steps and workout my day is free to sew and read unless I run to the store. Oh, and a blog post on volunteering in retirement.

have a good day all.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Another warm sunny day in south texas

I did get some good sleep last night. I woke up about 4am very groggy. I probably slept over 5 hours. Probably because the COD is back and looks okay. Also his dog didn't whine at all.

I'm up and getting ready for the day. Have to meet a sibling this morning.

Hope the day goes smoothly. Also want to come home and sleep some more if possible.

Have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Logics, are you still studying Spanish? I studied Chinese for about a year but gave up because of lack of progress. Now I’m going to try Spanish. I took it in middle school.

Quilter, I’ve never commented on your blog but I read it. I’m glad you are going back to it - but stay here with us, too!

Clem, I added the COD to my prayers last night. I’m glad that you had a good sleep.

Today I plan to stay home. I have felt OK but not as good as the two days last week when I felt extra good. But I’m thankful for every day.

I finally finished my puzzle. I had a few pieces in the wrong spots. I may start another “old” puzzle today.

I’ve watched 2 1/2 episodes of season four of Killing Eve. Very weird. I’m going to skip to episode eight just to see how it ends. I’m enjoying season two of Ted Lasso.

Have a good day.