Daily Check In August 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In August 3, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:17 am Hello friends.

Logics, are you still studying Spanish? I studied Chinese for about a year but gave up because of lack of progress. Now I’m going to try Spanish. I took it in middle school.

Have a good day.
No, I gave it up also after about a year also almost for the same reason. I could understand it when I read it. I could also understand it when "they" spoke it because they didn't speak at the same speed that it is spoken out in the real world. I didn't feel that I was getting anything out of it for all the time I was putting into it.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Just back from running errands, lots of street work going on so I had to adjust on the fly, but it worked out fine.
It is already hot and humid. Windows shut as are the curtains. Another birthday gathering this weekend, I am glad because it is the weekend of the reunion at the brothers and that means I am away from that. I don't go or even get invited but it is at the brothers so in back of me on his property and the noise of the dogs and people is tedious.
I made a small amount of potato salad and some egg salad yesterday...so meals are covered for a bit.
Usual house chores today and maybe the addition of more dusting.
I will probably get some reading done this afternoon, too hot to be outside doing much.
Clem, I am glad the COD is doing okay, hope you get some rest.
JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amix!

It's just a little past 11:00 am here in Manitoba. I did NOT have a good night's sleep at all. I don't know if the pharmacy goofed up or what but my bedtime meds were reduced and thus I didn't sleep for most of the night. I even got bored of my CBC programs and got up and watched a couple of TV shows that I had on the DVR. I gave up and got out of bed at 5:30 am.

I took an early shower and went out for breakfast at a local eatery that has a cheap breakfast special. It was a nice treat after having not slept for the night. I came home and want to take a nap but I am waiting to hear from Franki Boi's Mum on when to come pick-up the cheese slices I forgot in her fridge and my payment. They were busy moving yesterday and Franki spent the night in his new house. He isn't too certain of it yet. I don't know how he will like it. It is in a rather quiet neighborhood with little traffic and doggos walking by his window. I don't know what he will do for entertainment! My poor boi! His kitty moves up there today.

This morning I wiped a wall in the bathroom and the baseboards. I also have yet to install a new toilet seat I got at the hardware store on Monday. That will be an easy task. It wasn't a problem to take out the broken one so this should be easy peasy to install.

I am done doggo sitting until the 11th when I go to just spend the day with Little Charlee girl while her Dad goes to Winnipeg for a medical appointment. She such a cute little dog! So cuddly! She doesn't like me having my laptop in my lap because she can't get any cuddles. I've learned to put it aside and give her lots of cuddles! We will most certainly have a good day!

I have a lot of work to do in the kitchen. I need to rearrange my beverage counter again to fit my new DeLonghi Espresso Machine and my new-to-me ice machine so I can get back to making delicious iced coffees! I love those things! They got me though the mid-July heat index of over 100 degrees for those 7 days! Even Lily Gurl got in on the iced coffee. I came back from the kitchen and she was sluping away at my mug of iced Coffee! Silly doggo! She was very happy with herself!

Clem,

I am so glad that the COD is home and his doggo has his pawrent back. They do get so attached to their people! I am also very glad that he is on the mend. That was a very scary incident. Whew!

Not much else happening here except for me to go get my moolah and cheese slices and then come back home to chug away at home stuff.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:48 am No, I gave it up also after about a year also almost for the same reason. I could understand it when I read it. I could also understand it when "they" spoke it because they didn't speak at the same speed that it is spoken out in the real world. I didn't feel that I was getting anything out of it for all the time I was putting into it.
I think it is very hard unless someone is in an environment where the language is spoken every day. Still I think I’ll try it.

A friend took Spanish for five years in high school and college in Virginia and then took her junior year abroad in Spain and said she couldn’t understand a word spoken by the family where she lived. But the longer she was there she got better with the language.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,
I am afraid I have reached the bottom of my motivation.

I did get a walk in last night, but I noticed I have a bruise on my ankle. So is the pain form the bruise, plantar Fasciitis or both? But it does not hurt more when i walk on it.

After work I plant to go to the office supply store for large manilla envelopes.

Have a great day,
Maggie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

My afternoon plans got blown out LOL...but it's okay. I had to go back into town to the "big" grocery store. I had a rain check waiting for me and the pork loin was in...so I have been and back. I had the whole loin ground into pork burger. It is now packaged for sandwiches.
Nothing on sale this week that I needed to cherry pick. Some weeks it's like that.
Next thing I want to start stocking is ground beef. I have some but we use so much if it goes on sale, I will buy it.
Using some of the egg salad to make kidney bean salad. Sloppy joe mix from the freezer, potato salad and regular green salad for today.
Off to start again.
JCKitty