Daily Check in Aug 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Aug 4, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:06 pm Clem, sharing a meal and memories with family is all part of the process. You are coming together to comfort each other and remembering the good times is part of the comfort and love. (((Hugs))) You are a great sister.
Yes - it is part of the process. You laugh, you cry over all the memories.

My brother just told us that she bought him a nice watch when he graduated from jr high. He was so happy.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:57 pm Thank you all

Just got home from seeing her. She has had a lot of visitors. People will be with her as the night goes on.

She is struggling to breath. She is on morphine to help her relax. All we can do is pray.

I did call our priest and he went and did the Last Rites. That is a comfort.

Thank you all.
Clem I will go and light a candle for her at church tonight and light a candle in my prayer corner at home for her as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Pickles made, supper warming up. Garden searched for produce....

Hubby went for his drive this afternoon and decided to walk down to the water over some rocks. Rocks shifted, he fell and came home pretty scraped up. He is 72 and shouldn't be crawling over rocks.

He also managed to lose his cell phone in the water so we will have to phone and get that cancelled. I guess he will be taking mine with him until we decide to purchase another one for him. Just so happy there wasn't more body damage. He said the worst damage was that he felt so stupid. Told him not to think that way.

No sewing done, but I did some embroidery and a bit of knitting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:41 pm Clem I will go and light a candle for her at church tonight and light a candle in my prayer corner at home for her as well.
OMG - thank you so much Jackie!! She went to mass every Saturday.

I called our priest today and he came by to bless her.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:45 pm Update

Pickles made, supper warming up. Garden searched for produce....

Hubby went for his drive this afternoon and decided to walk down to the water over some rocks. Rocks shifted, he fell and came home pretty scraped up. He is 72 and shouldn't be crawling over rocks.

He also managed to lose his cell phone in the water so we will have to phone and get that cancelled. I guess he will be taking mine with him until we decide to purchase another one for him. Just so happy there wasn't more body damage. He said the worst damage was that he felt so stupid. Told him not to think that way.

No sewing done, but I did some embroidery and a bit of knitting.
Thank goodness he wasn’t hurt seriously. Still, falling on rocks isn’t easy. I can totally understand that he didn’t feel 72 when he walked down to the water. Things happen so fast. (((Hugs)))
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:59 pm I confess that I went out to eat with some family members after being with ill sibling for hours. And yes I had some margaritas! Just so much to process. So many things we had to talk about. Things like this just brings out old memories.
I’m glad that you had the margaritas to relax. You are a wonderful sister, Clem. (((Hugs)))