Daily Check in Aug 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in Aug 4, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:57 pm Thank you all

Just got home from seeing her. She has had a lot of visitors. People will be with her as the night goes on.

She is struggling to breath. She is on morphine to help her relax. All we can do is pray.

I did call our priest and he went and did the Last Rites. That is a comfort.

Thank you all.
Clem,

I am so sorry at the news of your sister's failing. I am glad family is there to be with her through this time. I am also very pleased that the Priest was able to arrive and provide the Sacrament of Last Rites. I was there when the Priest did the rites for my Dad and it really was a comfort because he was such a strong Roman Catholic.

I hope that all will be peaceful and that the morphine can keep her pain free and anxiety down at this time.

Love to you and all you've been through of late. You are a strong and compassionate soul.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, your poor Mister! :-(

Penny, I hope your infection clears up right away.

This afternoon the orthopedist's office called to let me know that gel shots for my knees would cost $1,200. I was taken aback at that, which is the after insurance price! So I just ordered a pair of patellar knee braces, as recommended by my family doctor, for $40. Will try those, because I cannot afford the shots.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 pm Yes - it is part of the process. You laugh, you cry over all the memories.

My brother just told us that she bought him a nice watch when he graduated from jr high. He was so happy.
Clem..praying for your family as you go through this night.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:32 pm Jackie, your poor Mister! :-(

Penny, I hope your infection clears up right away.

This afternoon the orthopedist's office called to let me know that gel shots for my knees would cost $1,200. I was taken aback at that, which is the after insurance price! So I just ordered a pair of patellar knee braces, as recommended by my family doctor, for $40. Will try those, because I cannot afford the shots.
Mackie..a friend of mine had gel shots more than once. They did not help at all.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:45 pm Update

Pickles made, supper warming up. Garden searched for produce....

Hubby went for his drive this afternoon and decided to walk down to the water over some rocks. Rocks shifted, he fell and came home pretty scraped up. He is 72 and shouldn't be crawling over rocks.

He also managed to lose his cell phone in the water so we will have to phone and get that cancelled. I guess he will be taking mine with him until we decide to purchase another one for him. Just so happy there wasn't more body damage. He said the worst damage was that he felt so stupid. Told him not to think that way.

No sewing done, but I did some embroidery and a bit of knitting.
Jackie..I took a fall today also. I just tripped and crashed down on my knee and then my chin. It always happens so fast. My knee is scraped up and my chin is already very black and blue and swollen. Tell your DH I feel his pain!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:17 pm Clem,

I am so sorry at the news of your sister's failing. I am glad family is there to be with her through this time. I am also very pleased that the Priest was able to arrive and provide the Sacrament of Last Rites. I was there when the Priest did the rites for my Dad and it really was a comfort because he was such a strong Roman Catholic.

I hope that all will be peaceful and that the morphine can keep her pain free and anxiety down at this time.

Love to you and all you've been through of late. You are a strong and compassionate soul.

MJ
I was so happy to see him. He is an awesome priest!!