Daily Check In August 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In August 5, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

casadekitty wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:02 pm Update:

Son in law was just here to pick up last jars of honey, until we harvest in September. We have last years honey and he is going to ask his customers if they are interested in it also. It's the same bees just honey from a different location. I am so thankful someone is buying it. We love the bees and use alot of honey but they produce a bunch. He also picked up the carpet cleaner part that arrived...finally.
DD's will be cleaning carpet soon, lol.
All bills paid and checkbook figured, July was a very expensive month, here's hoping August is much cheaper.
I need to get some more chores done, but don't really have the mo-jo, I am like you MJ I need good sleep to function properly. I have been feeling like a zombie.
FloridaCat, I am praying for you, I know you have a lot on you and it has to be hard. Please take care.
Off to get started, again. Sun is shining might do some weeding.
JCKitty
Thank you, Kitty.
floridacatlover

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:47 pm Praying all goes well with your surgery. And yes lots of folks do well with only one kidney.
Thanks Clem.
floridacatlover

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:51 pm Florida, I hope you will feel so much better after your surgery and can get on with the business of life normally. I think you are smart to approach this the way you are. Thinking of you!
Thank you, Shelia.
floridacatlover

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:46 pm I am just reading this now. I am so sorry you have to go through this.
Thank you, Trees.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:47 pm Hello friends.

Clem, I am thinking of you and your sister.

I had an appointment with my primary care doctor this morning. When I had the kidney scan I had the results sent to her as well as the urologist who I’ll see next week. My left kidney is only 10% functioning so the urologist was right. (Thankfully my right kidney is normal.) So I’ll have my left kidney removed at the end of this month. The urologist had already scheduled the robotic surgery believing that this would be necessary and because the hospital books up fast. Of course I wish that the results were different but many people live with only one kidney. I am going to try to face this in a non-emotional, matter-of-fact way. Once I get through the surgery I will hopefully live a normal life.

I am thinking of making a quick trip to Aldi tonight (for the first time since the pandemic) when I hope it will be less busy. The ad has grapes for .99/pound (compared to $2.49 at Publix) and $1.99 for a pint of blueberries. And I’ll try to get paper towels, too.

When I went to mom’s house yesterday afternoon, I did trimming in a shady area for about 30 minutes but it is too hot to be out there at that time of day.

Stay cool.
Floridacatlover, just catching up with posts now. So sorry that surgery is required. I will certainly be thinking about you in the next upcoming weeks and hope for a full recovery. You will feel so much better once all this is behind you.

What a wise decision it was to to come back home early from Denmark .

Sending healing thoughts your way!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:13 pm Good afternoon.

I am home for the afternoon. We will probably go back later in the evening. She has folks there with her now.

No improvement. She is just there in bed struggling to breath. She is on oxygen. Can't eat or drink.

Family has been gathering. Her daughter flew in this morning. Oldest brother is coming in tomorrow.

We shall see how this goes....

Just glad that someone is there with her.
I am so sorry your sister is not doing well. Hugs to you Clemencia!

Creative