Daily Check In August 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In August 5, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Clem, I pray the day goes easy on you and your family.
I managed a little over 6 hours of sleep.
I also took a fall last evening, :? brought the dogs in and DD's dog decided to cut in front of me and then come to a stop. I however kept walking and ended up having to do a tuck and roll onto the hardwood floor. I bunged up my knee and have some floor burn on a shin. Dog is fine, :roll:
I don't know if anyone else believes this but I swear while that dog is cute as can be he is dumb as a post. Always has been, he just does dumb things and then smiles at you as if to say "durp" .
It is warm, humid and gloomy looking. Not sure what the day will bring. The animals are all fed and taken care of, need to do house chores and then not sure what I will get into .
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My trash is gathered and out, my groceries are here and mostly away. I still need to put the shelf stable items away.

My back started hurting after I put most of the delivery away. So I took a break for an ice pack break. My zigzag attachment is scheduled to arrive in today’s mail.

At 2 pm I need to walk up to the office so the manager can fill out the paperwork from housing.

I replaced the felt drip pad from a vintage sewing machine. Then cleaned up the metal plate.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I checked my Fitbit for Monday's sleep amount. That was the night that the pharmacy had a glitch and didn't feel my sleep medications correctly and I was up "all" night. Turns out I slept for a grand total of 2 hours and 38 minutes. No wonder it took me a couple of days to feel "normal" again. I get really messed up without my proper sleep and it takes about 2 days to get caught up.

Today is a big day at my house. Today is the day that the two guys I hired are coming to take out the ancient (thousand and 500 pound) TV out, an old rocking chair that broke (and I liked it so much! Take apart the old double bed frame and replace my double bed box spring and mattress in a new one I got off of Marketplace for $30. I am going to be so happy to get my double bed back!! There is NO way I could have found someone to help me do this big job. They are also going to take all of the cardboard boxes not used in decluttering out and also take the "decluttered" items to the Mennonite Central Committee or the Teen Thrift thrift stoes in town as he understands they give to local charities and help people with certificates when they are in great need of items (after fires, new moves to town, etc). Value Village? UGH! Their CEO makes millions a year and they don't do anything locally. Their prices are almost more than you can get the items/clothing new at Walmart or even on a good sale at Penningtons. I'm so glad he understands that! They are coming at 1:00 pm and think it might only take two hours to do the job with the two of them. He won't even charge me as much as the original estimate so I save $25.00. Such a nice man too!

It is going to be VERY hot and humid this afternoon so I have the A/C on early to cool the place down for these two men working for me. I figure it's the least I can do and I didn't have to pay for A/C for that month and one week I was doggo sitting so it's alright. I think I even have a credit on my hydro account. I like to pay the $40/month I have budgeted so I don't ever get caught surprised with a high bill. I never have really so this seems to work for me.

Even after all of this stuff is taken from the house, I'll still have a lot of organizing to do. I am so lousy at housekeeping. I am looking to see if one of my friends wants to make a couple of bucks a month cleaning for me. Mostly just washing the floors and doing some of the small bendy-twisty stuff that kills my back. I was out for a cheap breakfast the other day and a man at a table very near me was telling his friend how he had hurt his back and was waiting to get to physio but in the mean time the doctor told him "no bendy twisty stuff." Yup. Same thing as mine told me. You just are done with bendy twisty work. I'd never EVER wish back troubles on ANYONE! I know Patty and others can relate. It really changes your whole life.

I am currently enjoying my morning espresso after having done a few tasks to make it easier for the guys this afternoon. I've got my white with orange polka dot sheets (my favorite ones!) all clean and fresh and ready to go on my double bed when it is all set up and the guys have completed the job. I love my double bed! I won't be falling out of it either when I have bad dreams about Nori and decide to kick her or fight her off! LOL I ended up on the floor more times than I'd like this year!! So silly! :mrgreen: I also got a beautiful crocheted (kind of like Granny squares) afghan off of Marketplace for a grand $10 (The yarn would have been about 6 times that!) that is big enough for a bedspread. I'm going back to my whimsical vintage look!

I'll try to do my best to work this weekend and see where that gets me. Zoe and John won't be over with the recliner until a week or so from now as Zoe is up at her Mom's where they garden together. Every year they get together to make pickles, dilled green beans (I love those!!), salsa and a whole week of canning and what not. I benefit from those goodies too! They are such a wonderful couple and so very generous. I just love them more than family!! And of course I just adore my littles, Emmitt and Dayton!!

I want to unload the dishwasher again and load it up before the guys come so that the counters are free. Yesterday, I finally got my new toilet seat installed. I had it for a week and then got it put on. A really easy job! Glad I got that one done and the guys can haul out the old one with all the other stuff. So far? The bathroom is the most put together room in my apartment after slaving over it for a week. It takes me so long to get anything/everything done. This feels good!

Clem,
I hope that you are able to have a visit with your sister and that she has a good day.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

I have to get back in the habit of checking in. I keep up, but get busy and don't get around to posting.

Anyway, it's low 80s and overcast. Not sure if we'll get more rain or not.

Just back from Kroger to grab a few things (including stuff I couldn't find at Meijer yesterday). Had a decent day with markdowns..

I'm among those who didn't sleep all well last night. Woke up because my hip was bothering me. After doing really well with PT and meds, things have started to fall apart. (Though not as bad as back in May). So back to see my family doc next week. (I suspect there's an x-ray in my future, maybe a referral.)

Did get out to do a little harvesting in the garden this morning. Peppers are producing well, picked several tomatoes and a handful of green beans.

Jackie, I'm glad your DH is OK, even if the phone isn't. Mackie, I'm in the same boat as your DH on a new car. I think it's going to be a couple more years before things straighten out on the chips, too. (On the other hand, I may do something drastic should I be faced with another 4-figure repair. (I don't know what it is, but when things go wrong ... they really go wrong.)

Thinking of Clem and her family ...
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Clem, I am thinking of you and your sister.

I had an appointment with my primary care doctor this morning. When I had the kidney scan I had the results sent to her as well as the urologist who I’ll see next week. My left kidney is only 10% functioning so the urologist was right. (Thankfully my right kidney is normal.) So I’ll have my left kidney removed at the end of this month. The urologist had already scheduled the robotic surgery believing that this would be necessary and because the hospital books up fast. Of course I wish that the results were different but many people live with only one kidney. I am going to try to face this in a non-emotional, matter-of-fact way. Once I get through the surgery I will hopefully live a normal life.

I am thinking of making a quick trip to Aldi tonight (for the first time since the pandemic) when I hope it will be less busy. The ad has grapes for .99/pound (compared to $2.49 at Publix) and $1.99 for a pint of blueberries. And I’ll try to get paper towels, too.

When I went to mom’s house yesterday afternoon, I did trimming in a shady area for about 30 minutes but it is too hot to be out there at that time of day.

Stay cool.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yeah, LWolfT, if we get a repair over $2K on his, we will have to do some hard thinking. Mine has *knock on wood* needed nothing but routine service for 12 years. It will need the timing chain replaced next year.

There was just the most enormous roar of thunder. I thought someone was throwing furniture down the stairs! And now another one. Whoa.
Mackie