Daily Check In August 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In August 5, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:52 pm Older brother that was going to be here tomorrow had to cancel.

His wife wasn't feeling well so went to the doctor today - COVID positive!

So of course cannot be around all of us.

Hope she recovers and no one gets infected.
So sorry . . . Keeping all of you in my prayers.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:47 pm So sorry . . . Keeping all of you in my prayers.
ugh and just found out that our cousin the priest is also in a COVID situation, but will still pray for her.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:10 pm ugh and just found out that our cousin the priest is also in a COVID situation, but will still pray for her.
He just called and looks like he will be able to come out here after all! We will meet with him tomorrow morning!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

First time in Aldi in two and a half years. I was not too surprised that they didn’t have the .99 green grapes but I got red grapes for 1.99/lb, still cheaper than Publix. I also got two boxes of the 1.99 blueberries and they look good, a bag of Fuji apples for 3.99 and paper towels. It was a good time to go to Aldi because there were only about 10 cars. A storm had just passed through so that helped. I was only gone 30 minutes from door to door. I still had my two Aldi quarters in my cup holder.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I managed to get caught up on all the household tasks. No sewing was done, but I did do some embroidery and I think with a couple more rows on the blanket I will call it done and dusted.

It has been cloudy and windy most of the day. The wind is picking up now so I think it could be time to open the windows for the evening. It is not supposed to be very warm tomorrow so perhaps the air conditioner will stay off for most of the day.

Off to finish the blanket and then see what else I can manage to start and hopefully finish this month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:47 pm Hello friends.

Clem, I am thinking of you and your sister.

I had an appointment with my primary care doctor this morning. When I had the kidney scan I had the results sent to her as well as the urologist who I’ll see next week. My left kidney is only 10% functioning so the urologist was right. (Thankfully my right kidney is normal.) So I’ll have my left kidney removed at the end of this month. The urologist had already scheduled the robotic surgery believing that this would be necessary and because the hospital books up fast. Of course I wish that the results were different but many people live with only one kidney. I am going to try to face this in a non-emotional, matter-of-fact way. Once I get through the surgery I will hopefully live a normal life.

I am thinking of making a quick trip to Aldi tonight (for the first time since the pandemic) when I hope it will be less busy. The ad has grapes for .99/pound (compared to $2.49 at Publix) and $1.99 for a pint of blueberries. And I’ll try to get paper towels, too.

When I went to mom’s house yesterday afternoon, I did trimming in a shady area for about 30 minutes but it is too hot to be out there at that time of day.

Stay cool.
I am just reading this now. I am so sorry you have to go through this.