Daily Check In August 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In August 5, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

We have had rain this morning, but the forecast for this evening looks clean and 80 F. Perfect for an outdoor concert.

Last night's dinner was nice if pricy. I enjoyed this take on Jesus Christ Superstar. The jazzed up the character of Herod to be a funny character, al a the King in Hamilton.

Tomorrow is my cousin's annual "slip and slide party". It should be fun.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I am assuming that the nearly nonfunctional kidney is the source of the repeat infections and you will be much better off without it? (((HUGS))) I hope is all goes extremely well and you are back to being your healthy self very soon, hon.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Going to get my first ten minute walk in and then I am going to cheat and go get two sonic hotdogs and a diet cherry limeaid. The good news is that dinner is beef vegetable soup without potatoes so minimal carbs and just a little sugar from the tomato sauce.

I am trying for five thousand plus steps aday but when the weather is triple digits it's difficult, I might wait until it's almost dark and walk outside and hopefully I will not need a shower.

I'm at sixty five percent of my book, but I really want to sew, so the rest will have to wait until this evening!

Clem I am thinking of your family.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Son in law was just here to pick up last jars of honey, until we harvest in September. We have last years honey and he is going to ask his customers if they are interested in it also. It's the same bees just honey from a different location. I am so thankful someone is buying it. We love the bees and use alot of honey but they produce a bunch. He also picked up the carpet cleaner part that arrived...finally.
DD's will be cleaning carpet soon, lol.
All bills paid and checkbook figured, July was a very expensive month, here's hoping August is much cheaper.
I need to get some more chores done, but don't really have the mo-jo, I am like you MJ I need good sleep to function properly. I have been feeling like a zombie.
FloridaCat, I am praying for you, I know you have a lot on you and it has to be hard. Please take care.
Off to get started, again. Sun is shining might do some weeding.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am home and lounging on the sofa with Lily Dog. This is my last short Friday unless I start using accrued off time that way again in a couple of weeks. It's been a great mental health booster.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon.

I am home for the afternoon. We will probably go back later in the evening. She has folks there with her now.

No improvement. She is just there in bed struggling to breath. She is on oxygen. Can't eat or drink.

Family has been gathering. Her daughter flew in this morning. Oldest brother is coming in tomorrow.

We shall see how this goes....

Just glad that someone is there with her.