Daily Check In August 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 5, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 5, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Coffee tastes great this morning. While I don't remember being awake at any time last night, I don't feel like I got enough sleep.

I got some cute pictures of our resident bush (brush) bunny late yesterday, or at least pictures of the one that lets us get closer. The other smaller one hides on us.

Work outside yesterday was limited to early morning harvesting of herbs, watering the plants later, searching for cukes, and in the late afternoon the hanging of my fairy lights along the fence. I am thinking that next year I will order some for the fence on the other side of the yard, and put a few into the garden by the shed. While they give off enough light to make things pretty it is not overwhelming. Now there is just one more parcel to come from Amazon and that is later this month.

The to do list for today is not really that long. I need to dust, vacuum, tidy the living room, weed the perennial bed (did not get that done yesterday), and another extra cleaning job or two (microwave for sure and perhaps the door knobs and doors wiped down).

Oh my. My post just posted itself and now I am editing.

I plan on a walk after a few easy chores are completed, then breakfast and out to get the perennial bed weeded. Got to get those outside tasks done before it gets too hot. I may pick some more herbs and get those dried as well. Most likely some more sage today.

I think Hubby has to phone and let the telephone company he lost his phone and to cut the charge off the bill. Not too sure that I can do so even though it is on my bill.

Supper tonight is going to be a salmon casserole type thing. Served with veggies and dip. I have some pretty big cucumbers to use up and some bell peppers as well.

Today I am grateful that I am almost finished one of the carry over projects from last month and with a bit of work could actually finish another by the end of the next week.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I'm up early. The pack has been out. Their water and food bowls are full

Will be leaving around 8 to go back to see ill sibling.

Lets see how the day goes.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Friends. Getting some laundry done and puttering till it's time to get ready to go to Farm Sanctuary. My friend is meeting me here and I"m driving. I've been there before but got my GPS on standby just in case.

I've been up for 2 hours but just getting around to making coffee - the dogs and cats have kept me busy!

Happy Friday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I hope the medical team has your sister resting easier today. (((HUGS)))

Jackie, losing a phone is an absolute pain in the behind. Hearing about the bunny on the game cam is fun, though.

I think rather than replacing our defunct home security camera system with some other system that a company will obsolete out, we'd be better off to just set up two game cameras in the right spots. Way less expensive that way.

DH and I went out last night for Mexican food and a margarita each. The scale complained at me this morning due to the sodium but I'll drink a lot of water and flush it out. We had a mini-budget summit over chips and salsa. DH believes we will be completely debt-free (if Fate allows) by December at our current rate of not spending/saving.

DH has changed his mind and decided not to buy a new car any time soon because he does not think any are going to be available for as long as a couple of years due to the chip manufacturing situation. He is also reluctant to go into that kind of debt, as the appeal of being completely debt free is very strong. I think it also occurred to him that with him working from home, we just don't drive that much any more and can make our older cars last longer.

Today after work I don't have to run by Food Lion to stock up on DH's bagels and low-calorie cranberry juice because we have plenty of those at home. I'm planning on going home and taking a nap, if the dogs will let me alone long enough to do it.

Dora Kitty was in feisty mood last night and kept grabbing Ollie Cat by the head to wrestle with him on our bed. Ollie is quite old and did not want to do this, so I would reach out and flick her on the hip with my middle finger and say, "No" very firmly. Every time she'd turn around, look at her hip, glare at me, and sling him down again. The torti-tude is strong in that one! :-D Clearly my little finger pops were not going to stand in the way of tossing the old man around. I finally had to pinch her tail and holler NO! before she would let him go. She can be a little monster when she feels like it.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning

Somehow I am in the position of not needing to leave the homestead for three full days.

Obviously if I felt the need there are things I could do like wander down to the resident center and see what is happening there, o hit a local market or something tomorrow. But at the moment I am fine being at home and reading and sewing and such! Tomorrow I will probably hit the pool at morning or at four. And next week I have an out of thehouse thing of some sort daily and my sister in law's funeral a week from tomorrow so I'll take it.

No early morning walk today as I am trying to only go on the cement every other day. today will be walking on the carpet and doing weights. I have had breakfast, meditation and computer time and knit in my chair for an hour.

Off to shoer and dres and make the morning rounds.

Today should be a big sewing day. Although I'm about a quarter of hte way in (maybe less) to the new Catherine coulter and that could call to me, ya know?