These bulbs work, but you have to remember that you have them LOL

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

These bulbs work, but you have to remember that you have them LOL

Post by icfrugal2 »

GE LED+ Backup Battery Light Bulb, Rechargeable Emergency Light Bulb, Standard Bulb Shape (Pack of 3)
Visit the GE Store

So, I have 3 of these bulbs, two in the family room, and one in the upstairs bathroom.

so, Wednesday, after a very LONG day, we came home the electricity was off :(

I checked all of the room, but the light in the family room was working and the bathroom light.

So, of course, I panic, :? :shock: :roll: call an electrition, explain the problem and set up an appointment for Thursday.

Then it occurs to me to call our electric company, 119 homes were out. Good grief !!!

The bulbs do work, but I need to remember that I have them and to call the electric company first.

We have had a few bad days, and it made sense that something more was wrong.

IC
ohjodi

Re: These bulbs work, but you have to remember that you have them LOL

Post by ohjodi »

LOL that's really funny!

I have these bulbs, and they've come in very handy. I can't reach the bulb in the ceiling of my laundry closet to change the burned out bulb, so i have one of these hanging by it's socket from the shelf. I just have to remember to turn it off, and recharge it every couple of months.

My stepmom sent them to me.....she had bought 8 of them from QVC, and never opened them. I told her she should use them, explained again how they work (she's up in years, now, so she often needs reminding). Still, no. I said what about when the electricity goes out? It often does. Nope, she has flashlights.
ohjodi
LogicsHere

Re: These bulbs work, but you have to remember that you have them LOL

Post by LogicsHere »

I purchased a number of these in 100/120 watt equivalent. We don't lose power often, but when we do at night, it's not fun as everything in our apartment is electric including the stove. Now that I'm older 60 watts doesn't do it for me any more so the higher watt equivalent will allow me to read and write or work on my puzzle books.