Daily Check In August 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In August 6, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Home from the birthday party, it was a good time. Came home and had a pork burger for supper. Oh my it was so good. I will be watching for whole loins on sale again. 1.69 per pound and each pound makes 4 or 5 good sized burgers. Cheap and oh so good.

I am now the proud owner of 2 old floor lamps, I am turning them into planters to add height and interest to my flower beds. The family I bought them from are getting ready for a huge auction/estate sale and I think they thought I was nuts for wanting lamps that didn't work or had bad wiring. They don't have my "vision" for things. I also asked about cotton bedsheets and she told me any that had been used they threw them away :roll: I didn't say anything but can't help but think what a waste. I would have laundered them and found a home for them. I mean the humane society would take them in a heart beat. I have been in the house, the old couple (deceased) were not dirty, they were just collectors almost bordering on hoarders all stuff from auctions and sales. The family doing the sorting have no charity or vision in them.
The next thing on my "wish" list is an electric meat slicer. I had one at my tea room years ago, probably should have kept it but oh well if I find one that will be great.
I hope to sleep tonight and tomorrow, depending on the weather will work on my lamp/planters. I have everything but he weather proof glue...I am excited to see them come together.
Clem, if you are reading, I hope you are doing okay.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good evening all

It has been quite a day.

Unfortunately, our sibling passed away this afternoon. It was peaceful. I am so glad we were there with her.

I just thought she would last longer, but God has other plans. I am just thankful that we were there for her.

We gathered at her house after she was taken to the funeral home and discussed old family times and how we were going to honor her memory.

Thanks to all that prayed for her. She was very peaceful at the end. Thank you.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:04 pm Good evening all

It has been quite a day.

Unfortunately, our sibling passed away this afternoon. It was peaceful. I am so glad we were there with her.

I just thought she would last longer, but God has other plans. I am just thankful that we were there for her.

We gathered at her house after she was taken to the funeral home and discussed old family times and how we were going to honor her memory.

Thanks to all that prayed for her. She was very peaceful at the end. Thank you.
I am so sorry for your loss.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I am so sorry. It was a blessing that she was at peace in her passing.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:39 pm Clem, I am so sorry. It was a blessing that she was at peace in her passing.
yes she was. She was ready to go. Her husband passed away 15 years in July. He was calling her. They want to be together.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:39 pm Clem, I am so sorry. It was a blessing that she was at peace in her passing.
Yes she was!

We gathered afterwards at her home and just spent time talking about all the good times back in the day.

I am sad that our now oldest brother will not be able to attend her services. He and his wife are both covid positive. He was so upset. I told him not to worry and we could gather and honor her as a complete family later this year.