Daily Check In August 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In August 6, 2022

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

78 here right now. Mostly cloudy, then the sun comes out, now the clouds are back ... We did get rain early this morning, don't know if we'll get more.

Didn't sleep well again ... had trouble getting to sleep, then woke up earlier than I wanted. DH is working OT today on top of the OT he worked this week.

Mostly a "do chores" day. So far, have emptied and refilled the dishwasher, ran the stick vac over the hard-floor surfaces. (It is frightening how much cat hair comes up ...) I've been slowly washing down woodwork (mostly doors right now) to clean things up and determine what needs to be painted. I have to check the paint we have on hand; I hope it's usable, considering paint was getting expensive even before the recent price increases. :o

Florida, sending good thoughts your way for your upcoming surgery. I think you have the right attitude about this.

And good thoughts going out to Clem and her family ...
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:58 am Good Morning,

I have a cake to take to my cousin's annual slip and slide party later this afternoon. Weather is calling for spotty showers. But they set up tents for shade/rain protection.

I want to sit at my sewing machine. I was emailing with another cousin (yes, i truly have 34 first cousins). He keeps a spreadsheet of family addresses and I asked for the latest copy. He asked if I could make a few more burp cloths. He'd pay me for the fabric. His baby is about 3 months old. I made 3 -or 4 as a shower gift. I had made 3 more and held them back for the next baby shower. I will probably also make a few bowl cozies. My aunt, his Mom asked for some. I just need to unearth the sewing machine and sit down at it. I now have a bit of motivation.

Since I should be able to visit with Mom and Dad as well as DS1 and family today, tomorrow will be mine.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, on my Dad's side of the family I have probably close to 95 first cousins. It was a really big family (15 brothers and sisters) and some of Dad's brothers also had 10 or more children. Mom's side was smaller and I only have 10 first cousins on that side. Makes remembering birthdays pretty darn difficult, but thanks to one cousin she puts the birthdays all on Facebook and that includes our second cousins and beyond.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Hunted for produce and will more than likely having beans for supper and I may just make a cucumber salad. Got to use up the garden produce as it comes in. I may even have enough small jars to make another quart of dills.

I didn't pick the sage as it can wait until tomorrow. Give it a bit more time to recover from my last harvesting.

I put on a pair of capris and really did not like the fit. These will be cut down to make fabric for quilting as I made them a few years back. Body has changed since then.

Off to go and get a couple more things completed, like touching up the embroidery pattern. I am up to that leaf and would like this corner completed today.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I finally got some sleep last night. It may take a bit to get back into the groove, but it is good to have a start.
Today we have another family birthday party. Lots of August birthdays.
It is warm and very humid. I have a load of dog stuff on the lines and a load of sheets in the washer. I think the top sheet will be destined for the rag bag :( ....they are very old super soft high thread count cotton but getting thread bare and I found some holes.
I will try to replace them with sheets from either a yard sale or thrift store. I do NOT like the micro fiber sheets in the stores. I like cotton or percale. I don't care if they need ironed just so they are cotton.
I need to do a few house chores and get myself ready to go.
It should be a slow easy day.
Hoping Clem and family are doing okay. FloridaCat, hoping you do also.
Jackie, great idea on the vehicle blankets. I keep blankets and stuff in both vehicles, they come in handy for a lot of things.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I did not sleep well last night but still got up at 7:30. I’ll take a nap later this afternoon.

I’m washing bathroom rugs from mom’s house. They are from the bathroom I use when I come in from working in the yard so they had gotten kind of grubby.

I cleaned out and vacuumed my car, a job long overdue. Looking for my Aldi quarters last night, I had so many napkins stuffed in my cup holder plus my cloth bags were thrown randomly in the car and carpets needed a good clean. I did not tackle the trunk.

Does any remember View Masters from the 1960s and before? I have three of the View Master devices (2 of my own and 1 from my great aunt). I only have a few of my own reels but have 41 from my great aunt, mostly from the 1940s. Some still have the price tags on the reel envelopes, .35. Of course View Masters are now passé but I’ve always loved them and have had fun looking at them the past few days.

I hope that all, and especially Clem, have a peaceful day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:52 am

Does any remember View Masters from the 1960s and before? I have three of the View Master devices (2 of my own and 1 from my great aunt). I only have a few of my own reels but have 41 from my great aunt, mostly from the 1940s. Some still have the price tags on the reel envelopes, .35. Of course View Masters are now passé but I’ve always loved them and have had fun looking at them the past few days.

I remember them. We had them when we were kids as well.