Daily Check In August 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In August 6, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until after 7am. I tackled the dishes I had a full dish drainer, that is an unending job.

I want to organize my sewing area so that I can sew. I have storage but right now too much is just pilled. I have to move some things so that I can better store them.

I have attachments for one of my straight stitch sewing machines. I bought a used zigzag attachment with cams and a buttonhole attachment for my Singer Featherweight 221. I may move the one I don't like out of my way that would immediately create more space. That is a modern machine that is worthless in my mind. Yes, it can sew very fast but when you do it messes up every time.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:52 am Hello friends.

I did not sleep well last night but still got up at 7:30. I’ll take a nap later this afternoon.

I’m washing bathroom rugs from mom’s house. They are from the bathroom I use when I come in from working in the yard so they had gotten kind of grubby.

I cleaned out and vacuumed my car, a job long overdue. Looking for my Aldi quarters last night, I had so many napkins stuffed in my cup holder plus my cloth bags were thrown randomly in the car and carpets needed a good clean. I did not tackle the trunk.

Does any remember View Masters from the 1960s and before? I have three of the View Master devices (2 of my own and 1 from my great aunt). I only have a few of my own reels but have 41 from my great aunt, mostly from the 1940s. Some still have the price tags on the reel envelopes, .35. Of course View Masters are now passé but I’ve always loved them and have had fun looking at them the past few days.

I hope that all, and especially Clem, have a peaceful day.
So, I think it was the Uncommon Goods Catalog was selling the View Masters and customizable picture reels. Mom got them for her 2 Great-Grands last Christmas. They loved them.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I loved ViewMasters. One of our cousins who was ten years older had so many of them and his mom held onto every toy he ever had, so we got to use them when we visited.

We are back from Aldi, where we spent only $65. I bought a watermelon because the price had gone down again and a pack of frozen vegetarian burgers to try out, along with the usual stuff. Also got a container of sweet red pepper hummus, which is delicious. Bought some ground Italian sausage because I want to make spaghetti this weekend. The cost is the same as at Food Lion.

I do better overall buying fresh meat at Food Lion because FL will yellow-sticker items for quick sale. Aldi has such a small meat case that things sell quickly and I never see a discounted item there.

DH and I took a big bag of stuff to Goodwill. I had a big tub of work t-shirts that were either too small or dated from past events, so off they went. The tub is empty now. Wish I had time to thoroughly turn out every drawer, cabinet and closet in the house and take it all in.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:52 am Hello friends.

I did not sleep well last night but still got up at 7:30. I’ll take a nap later this afternoon.

I’m washing bathroom rugs from mom’s house. They are from the bathroom I use when I come in from working in the yard so they had gotten kind of grubby.

I cleaned out and vacuumed my car, a job long overdue. Looking for my Aldi quarters last night, I had so many napkins stuffed in my cup holder plus my cloth bags were thrown randomly in the car and carpets needed a good clean. I did not tackle the trunk.

Does any remember View Masters from the 1960s and before? I have three of the View Master devices (2 of my own and 1 from my great aunt). I only have a few of my own reels but have 41 from my great aunt, mostly from the 1940s. Some still have the price tags on the reel envelopes, .35. Of course View Masters are now passé but I’ve always loved them and have had fun looking at them the past few days.

I hope that all, and especially Clem, have a peaceful day.
I loved my Viewmaster! My favourite reel was of Disney World in California. And some of the Mickey Mouse Club.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Excited because Dd1 and BF left yesterday to drive all the way here! Right now they are driving through Badlands National Park in South Dakota. They had spent the night in Wall, South Dakota. She sent me some photos and it sure looks hot and dry!

Beautiful hot, sunny day here but supposed to cool off tomorrow. We are expecting them to arrive after dinner tomorrow. The plan is for them to drive all the way to Hinckley, Minnesota today, which is 600 miles so that’s a long drive. From Hinckley to here is about 425 km or 265 miles. We are all getting so excited!

I have most of my preparation done, just need to finish laundry and possibly do a little more baking. The guest room and bathroom look very nice! And the adjoining recreational room is looking good too. This morning I cleaned the stove burners, oven and microwave. Dd1 couldn’t care less but I have my pride. Dh and I took a break this morning and walked around the Waterfront as the Viking cruise ship was in port. There was also a craft fair happening but we didn’t have time for that.

This afternoon I want to work in the garden, harvest the cherry tomatoes and finish laundry, perhaps a little more cleaning and baking.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening, Friends. We had a great time at Farm Sanctuary today and I didn't get lost this time. :) It was very hot but there was a good breeze. We got to interact with so many sweet animals and hear their stories. Not all of the animals are people-friendly but those that are just eat up the attention.

We drove into the nearest town for lunch and I did get nervous because the traffic was insane due to some sort of festival going on. I held it together and we had a very nice lunch at a little diner type place. Then we went for ice cream at a "locally famous" place called The Great Escape. They have a few rotating vegan flavors and I had a vegan chocolate that was amazing.

I took a nice nap when I got home and have spent the last couple of hours washing blankets, dusting, etc. There is the "feeling" of possible rain in the air, but not a dark cloud to be seen, so who knows? I am getting hungry again so need to figure out something easy for supper that won't heat up the kitchen. Hope's walk will be when it starts to get dark - it is just too hot to do it any sooner.

I hope you are all having a good weekend and staying safe in the heat.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz