Daily Check In August 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 6, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

I am going to get a coffee, and a quilt to wrap up in. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 6, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Brrr, it is a bit chilly in here this morning, but I do not want to close any windows as this will help keep the house cool for the day. It really will not be getting quite as warm today (tomorrow is a different story) so keeping cool should be easy.

I have figured out what I am going to do with these knitted odds and balls blankets. A couple of them will be for the DS's to keep in their vehicles in case of trouble during the winter, and two will be used in our vehicle as well. I also think I just might make the DS's emergency car kits for winter and even summer use. I have an idea of what to use in them so I may get started on those very soon or that can be part of their birthday gifts (birthday's coming very soon).

Not much happening today. I will do a search of the garden for produce, trace one area that didn't come up very well on the tablecloth, phone my brother, and work on a bit of decluttering. Perhaps if I manage to find more small cukes I will make some more dills. I should also get some more sage drying as well, those plants are finally taking right off and growing by leaps and bounds. I may do some parsley as well (I should be done dehydrating what I need from that fairly soon).

I finished off the blanket last night and when I got the idea of using them in the vehicles during winter travels cast on another. I have lots of orphan balls of yarn and this seems to be a way to use those up. I did hunt through some bags and found a few more balls that need going, and I still have a couple of bags I could hunt through. I am finding lots of yarn suitable for a baby blanket so sometime in the future those will all be pulled out and I will make a many coloured C2C blanket with those.

Hubby used some of his allowance and bought us some hamburgers yesterday. What this means is I had a day off of cooking and what we were going to have last night will be had tonight.

Today I am grateful for whatever we manage to get out of the garden this year.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. Jackie, that sounds like a great plan for your blankets. If you keep having an excess, could you donate to St. Vincent de Paul the next time you visit your boys in the bigger cities?

I woke up fairly early and have been tidying up my personal email. Also went through my closet and pulled out some tops that were too big and will donate them. It's a couple I don't like enough to go to the trouble of altering them. As I lose weight, I expect to whittle my wardrobe way down and that is fine. With retirement coming, I don't need many clothes.

Also went online to Chewy and adjusted the autoship on Lily Dog's heart medication. She is behaving as if she is over-medicated lately and I am doing a trial of giving her just the morning pill. Her heart disease is not severe, so tweaking the dose is definitely a thing.

In just a bit I need to put together a little grocery list and go to Aldi.

Hope you all have a good day. Hugs going out to Clem, especially.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

We're going through another run of high heat indexes the next several days. Indian Point nuclear plant was closed last year due to age. Wherever we're getting our electric from now seems to be holding so I'm hoping that maybe we can get through the summer without a power failure.

My sister has plans both today and tomorrow with friends and extended family. She's become a "social butterfly" . . . LOL. I'm happy for her as she deserves to have a little fun in her life especially since she has so few interests.

Did the usual household stuff but haven't gotten to the exercising yet; will have to do that this afternoon. I have my Saturday morning chat coming up at 11:00. Not quite sure what I want to do the rest of the day, but I do know that I want to watch this week's Hallmark movie, Love in the Limelight, which features a husband and wife in real life as the stars.

Was going to have pizza for dinner tonight but instead I'm going to have a chicken thigh and veggies.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning.

I have this continually itchy spot in the middle of my back for over a day and its driving me crazy and making me wish I had something in spray form. I may try and put some a and d on a wash cloth and see if I can get it back there with a back scratcher or something. Its making me crazy.

I went to bed at ten and woke up at two. ate something and read for an hour and went back to sleep till about six thirty. Not my usual routine, lol.

Finished breakfast and the morning stuff, off to shower and fully face the day. No official exercise toay other than steps involved in normal activities.

Activities will be sewing and or knitting and reading and making some plans for the week.

My stitch fix things were very pretty but all long sleeved and one swater. so only the possiblity of keeping one thing. But it's a start and i know I have to educate my styleist, you know?

Today the high will ONLY be one hundred.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I have a cake to take to my cousin's annual slip and slide party later this afternoon. Weather is calling for spotty showers. But they set up tents for shade/rain protection.

I want to sit at my sewing machine. I was emailing with another cousin (yes, i truly have 34 first cousins). He keeps a spreadsheet of family addresses and I asked for the latest copy. He asked if I could make a few more burp cloths. He'd pay me for the fabric. His baby is about 3 months old. I made 3 -or 4 as a shower gift. I had made 3 more and held them back for the next baby shower. I will probably also make a few bowl cozies. My aunt, his Mom asked for some. I just need to unearth the sewing machine and sit down at it. I now have a bit of motivation.

Since I should be able to visit with Mom and Dad as well as DS1 and family today, tomorrow will be mine.

Have a great day,
Maggie