Daily Check In August 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In August 7, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

I was very unhappy with my stitch fix. They sent me a berautiful knit pull on pair of dress pants (remeber my sensitive knees),and they were $119!!!!!!

Everything is being returned. I'll continue to look further afield because I really need a few nice not quite business casual pieces that will add to my "I dont give a darn" retirement wardrobe.

I got three trick or treat bags made and some napkins. Probably wont be back to sewing until WEdnesday.

Off to do the budget and get my amazon order in so I am prepared for Tuesday morning.

My daughter says Hobby Lobby is having a huge 75 percent off sale, so I am going there on Tuesday as well (No, I am not giving up my flaming liberal right to choose card. I dont believe in boycots and think there are better ways to get my point across, plus they have fantastic cotton yarn for three bucks a skein).
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In August 7, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze, I managed to completely avoid mandatory staff fun day at my job by being on duty to actually work, which I did the whole time. It is not a good idea to leave 40 17-year-old campers unsupervised all day, you know?

DH, DS and I went downtown to a pizza place where a slice is $2.65 and had supper. The slices are huge and thin crust whole wheat. The place dates back to hippie days in the city. There's a cupcake shop a few doors down that sells meringue cookies for 75 cents each. One hits the spot and has only about 80 calories, so I had a nice meal that did not wreck my diet.

Dora Kitty has kicked Ollie Cat under the chin, so we had to get out the veterinary version of Bactine tonight and clean up the cut. He was good about it: such a sweet old boy.
Mackie