Daily Check In August 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In August 7, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:21 am I am glad the COD is doing well. You have had a great deal of emotional stress lately.
I think so and I didn't even realize it!

Now my poor niece and nephew. Nephew was local so was back and forth from work and the hospital. Niece lives in another state, but would fly in as much as possible. They flew in very early Friday morning and had not slept at all. They were exhausted.

They also have to arrange removing the furniture and her personal items out of the ALF. Everyone that lives there takes their own. I suggested - maybe donate it to a resident there. She had a brand new lift recliner and an adjustable bed. But if not, my brothers will help load up the stuff. They took it there when she moved.

The folks at the ALF were so nice. Very nice place.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Senate GOP unfortunately just torpedoed a provision that would have required private insurers to charge no more than $35/month for insulin. I’m not diabetic but I know that the cost of insulin is an issue for many people. The $35 limit will apply for Medicare recipients.

The $35 insulin issue did not comply with the budget rules for the overall climate/health bill so required 60 (instead of 51) votes. Seven GOP did vote for it but that only totaled 57.

I saw a story on PBS NewsHour and even if this provision for $35 insulin for private insurance holders had passed, it would not have helped the uninsured who probably most need it.

Yes, I’m a policy geek.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another hot day here most of which if not all will be spent home in air conditioning.

No household chores on Sunday. Have finished my regular Sunday morning routine although I need to add another 30 minutes on to my exercising.

Nothing special planned. Right now watching the Hallmark movie that was featured last night. Just remembered I had started this post a while ago but hadn't finished it . . . LOL.

Dinner tonight nothing special, just a frozen entree.

Well that's it for now. Have a nice day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:25 am Good morning all

Thank everyone for the prayers and condolences.

Strangely I finally slept through the night last night. Maybe I just needed to let it all out. I was exhausted from the night before of not sleeping.

The family can relax for a day or so before we have to get things going again. Arrangements will be made tomorrow. We older folks are going try to not be too controlling. Let the adult children be in charge.

Will probably just stay home and relax. I need to do laundry.

Thank you.
Clem, you will be in my thoughts as arrangements are made and you get through that whole process. Take good care.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning all. I spent literally the whole morning sitting outside in my favorite shady spot, took my coffee, bagel and crossword puzzle book right out there and just enjoyed being outdoors. My cat who moved in with my neighbor even came over and got on my lap for awhile.

My bedroom is considerably cooler and darker than the rest of the house so I am heading in there and dial up an old movie to enjoy.

I hope you all have a peaceful day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning,

83 and sunny here right now. I think not sleeping well finally caught up with me. Fell asleep last night watching a baseball game on TV ... slept till midnight when DH woke me up. Went to bed and slept almost another 8 hours.

DH is out cutting grass. He wants us to go out and look at a sound bar for the TV as well as a couple other things. Otherwise, I plan to putter about. (I'm not inclined to do anything major today, though I just remembered that I need to clean the grill.)

Dinner, not sure. There's a half-bag of shrimp I'd like to use so I can reclaim freezer space; May make some pasta salad, too.

Clem, I think it's good that you're letting your sib's children take the lead on things ... reduces the chance for any misunderstandings later. Wishing you all peace, and comfort in this time.