Daily Check In August 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In August 7, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning

Clem I am very sorry about your sister and thinking of your family. i agree that you probably did not realize how stressed you have been with everything. You need take as much time as you can for yourself. Sounds COD mainly needs rest and to be reminded to do the same, so only do what you have to do.

I also slept pretty well last night a good seven hours or so. However I am having a quiet day. Worshiping online, no pool and doing relaxing tasks rather than any thing heavy although i am making a list of things that must be done housewise. It's been two years and there are some things Inever did and a few furniture and other pieces I never bought on the grounds of "let me see how long I can go without it" I now realize Ineed those things to be comfortable and have my home nice.

Florida, I agree that it woul dhav helped mainly the uninsured. Also I have found that many discounts offered in various formats are nto offered for Jardiance. You guys remember when everyone kept telling me that I could get it for almost free with discounts instead of 200 bucks a month, well that did not apply to medicare patients.

I surprise myself by not being sure how I feel about medicare negotioation. I am not sure that negotiation is the best option for seniors and that I want to rely on what medicare decides is reasonable. Its rearely I think I might agree with republicans on medical issues.

Church is starting online, I'll check in afterward.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a white wash in the washer.

Breakfast was oatmeal blueberry muffins. I reheated from the freezer. I have 2 left.

I was looking for some different storage for my sewing area. I can’t find what I want. I currently have a blue 4 drawer plastic cabinet and a 2 drawer one. I am thinking of combining them. But instead of using the red frame I may just use the white one in the bathroom. They are the same brand. I already combined 2 red ones to make a 6 drawer one. So I know it works.

It would give me the same amount of storage but would give me more floor space. That is something in very short supply.

I did it, it was a lot of work but it is done.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, you and the COD just rest a bit and focus on taking care of yourselves for a while. Your sister's children can drive the bus now. (((Hugs)))

HappyDaze, your Farm Sanctuary visit sounded wonderful!

I am having a somewhat lazy day. Finished fixing my meals for the coming week and I have my legs propped up. The knee braces I ordered did not fit well at all*, so I ordered another style. Also made a Chewy order of dry dog food and cat treats. DH does not feel well or we would have gone to Tractor Supply to buy dog food today.

* Two times is probably all I am going to try on buying ready made braces. It starts running into money, as almost none fit women's legs correctly, especially short legs.

It's very hot today and there will probably be a thunderstorm later. Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes we tend to forget that my sister's children are 40 years old and have children of their own.

So whatever they want to do - we can just suggest at the most.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good afternoon, frugals,

I am just now getting on after doing computer repairs and salvaging my stored passwords. Everything just stopped loading the other night so I did everything I needed to do to recover and restore. Everything is working fine now.

Clem I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I was glad to hear family was with her until the very end when she went peacefully. Great idea to sit back and let the immediate family deal with everything. It's easier when just a few can take care of everything and avoid any ill feelings that may arise.

Weather here has been fine. We suffered through the hot August nights in June and July so its nice to be able to enjoy the ever so slightly signs of fall coming. I am noticing the shorter days and longer shadows in the evening. I want to do some things in my back yard so i can sit out and enjoy what will soon be pleasant evenings. So many people around have put up lights in their back yard and I want to do the same. I also think I will perform some surgery on my smallest TV and hopefully get it working again. Then put it on the patio where I can enjoy my Star Trek shows in the evening.

I have finished the TB test that was required for work (every 4 years) and all of my mandated reporter training for the year. Right now I am enjoying not working and hoping to pick up some social life starting next week. But I do like to keep my options open. Right now the only job listings are for preschool and i am not doing that again especially with covid and monkey pox going round. I want to do yard duty and be outside when the weather is nicer. Also I only want jobs that are short term subbing jobs. Those have been difficult to find the past few years.

(to be continued)

Bev
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good late afternoon beautiful people,

Clem I am so sorry to hear about your sister. My deepest condolences to you and the rest of the family. Glad to hear the COD is gaining strength.

Have been extremely busy doing last minute preparations with Dd1 and BF’s visit. The house is very clean, lots of food stuffed everywhere and even prepared some garden veggies picked today. The red Swiss chard is going crazy out there but that will have to wait for another day!

A little cooler today but still very nice!

Anxiously awaiting to hear when they have crossed the border. A 45 minute drive after that. Full of nervous energy right now!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative