Daily Check In August 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In August 7, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

We got some rain but it didn't last very long and it is hotter now. Fall is in the air though. I watched Purple Hearts on Netflix. I was going to look for an old move as I prefer those but Purple Hearts didn't disappoint - it was good.

I need to vacuum but not while the dogs are sleeping so will put that on hold till they wake up. Also need to make something for my work lunches this week. I won't need lunch on Thursday - it is our big "staff day" 300+ people in a room, can't wait (note sarcasm - very concerned about COVID, think this is a bad idea - it is "mandatory"). Plus I don't like pretending I like being there and am having fun - not an event for introverts, I would rather go to the dentist (not kidding).

Off to see what I'm going to do next - there are enough little tasks on my list - I won't be lacking for something to fill the rest of the day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Yesterday while I was relaxing my friend/neighbor called and asked if I wanted to do some local winetasting. It was getting on in the afternoon and I knew time would be short so I went with her. It was a very pleasant day. After that we went to her house, drank more wine and groused about inflation and about the fact some businesses are using it as a way to take advantage of people. We both agreed we are tired of some people trying to rip us off. At our age we don't need much so its easy to tell people to take a hike. If we do go into a recession many will price themselves out of business if they are not careful. I think people have had enough plus the money from stimulus checks is running out and they will be broke again.

I am spending the next few days continuing with the deep clean. Right now I am dry scrubbing the cat tree and will take it outdoors to wet scrub. This weather will help it dry out quickly. I am hoping this will help get rid of the flea problem with my cat. Thankfully we have no carpeting. The cats do need a flea treatment but trying to catch them is a challenge. And DS with the dislocated shoulder is unable to help much.

Well off to fix the dolly. I bought new wheels for it yesterday so I just need to figure out how to put them on.

Take care everyone!

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I did a bit more decluttering in my closet. A couple of dresses (okay three to be exact) will either get a refashion or donated. Got to think on it a little bit.

Have had a very lazy day for me which is good. I definitely needed one of those. Not to say I did absolutely nothing, just did no more then was absolutely necessary. I did do my lists for the daily household tasks, and took out the recycling to be picked up tomorrow.

The rest of the day I did some embroidery, and then when I got a bit bored with that did some knitting (will continue with that after supper).

Off to set the table and get things ready for supper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Beverley wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:06 pm Yesterday while I was relaxing my friend/neighbor called and asked if I wanted to do some local winetasting. It was getting on in the afternoon and I knew time would be short so I went with her. It was a very pleasant day. After that we went to her house, drank more wine and groused about inflation and about the fact some businesses are using it as a way to take advantage of people. We both agreed we are tired of some people trying to rip us off. At our age we don't need much so its easy to tell people to take a hike. If we do go into a recession many will price themselves out of business if they are not careful. I think people have had enough plus the money from stimulus checks is running out and they will be broke again.

I am spending the next few days continuing with the deep clean. Right now I am dry scrubbing the cat tree and will take it outdoors to wet scrub. This weather will help it dry out quickly. I am hoping this will help get rid of the flea problem with my cat. Thankfully we have no carpeting. The cats do need a flea treatment but trying to catch them is a challenge. And DS with the dislocated shoulder is unable to help much.

Well off to fix the dolly. I bought new wheels for it yesterday so I just need to figure out how to put them on.

Take care everyone!

Bev
Glad that you got back on the forum. I have taken to writing down all my passwords in a book that I hide in one of the desk drawers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

I do that too. Too many to remember them all! I am also limiting the sites I visit since I think some of them were messing up my computer.

I replaced the broken wheel on the dolly so its working again. It was a little difficult so I decided to leave the other wheel alone since it seems to be working fine.

I am getting ready to take the back off of my small TV. The way it was acting makes me think there might be a loose connection. If that is all than it should be an easy fix. That is the TV I will use on the patio or kitchen.

Still trying to sort out the w/c paperwork trying to figure out how to keep things moving. DS really needs to get back to work. With the pace of everything and the fact he will likely need physical therapy, etc. it could be October or November before he goes back to work.

Bev
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Evening yall!

I've been at home today cleaning. DH stated he was worried the house was getting behind due to us both working on decluttering and the nursery so I did a bit of cleaning. I cleaned the spare bathroom, swept the kitchen and hallway, picked up the living room and took off some of the items we have been decluttering in the house. I then ended up with a headache and have been in the bed since... I need to go do some more but being almost 30 weeks pregnant now I have a hard time with energy and staying motivated