Daily Check In August 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 7, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

I am getting a second cup of coffee, but will return shortly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 7, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Hubby and I sat out by the deck firepit last night, we even made s'mores. ,Were they ever tasty. This is the third night we have managed to sit outside for a bit and there was enough breeze that mosquitoes were not a problem. The resident bush bunny came hopping up to visit us as well. I am managing to get ever closer to the little thing.

Not much happening on the old homestead today. I have to make a list of the household tasks for next week, and haul out the recycle for pick up. I may do another forage through the garden to see what I can pick, but I think Hubby and I have managed to get all that is ready done. I do need to pick and wash some herbs to put in the dehydrator, but that takes very little time at all.

This means an afternoon of embroidery and an evening of knitting coming up. Heck if I get the list chore list completed and the herbs into the dehydrator I can have a morning of embroidery as well. Once the embroidery is done I will work on my quilt (this time I will bring out my machine and use it). I am going back to working on one or two things at a time until they are finished and then moving on. Once the quilt top is done I will set it aside and work on a few Christmas gifts. Probably some decorations for the DS's and then the pj bottoms for Hubby. I hope to be able to get the smaller things done before I start youngest's quilt and elder's rug.

Frugally no money will be spent today, dehydrating the herbs saves us in the long run, and keeping my hands busy keeps me out of trouble.

Supper tonight is going to be roast ham, mashed potatoes (got to use up the last bag of those I bought) and probably the remainder of the green beans I picked yesterday.

Today I am grateful that the sun is shining and after a very cool day it looks to be a bit more seasonal.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Thank everyone for the prayers and condolences.

Strangely I finally slept through the night last night. Maybe I just needed to let it all out. I was exhausted from the night before of not sleeping.

The family can relax for a day or so before we have to get things going again. Arrangements will be made tomorrow. We older folks are going try to not be too controlling. Let the adult children be in charge.

Will probably just stay home and relax. I need to do laundry.

Thank you.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:25 am Good morning all

Strangely I finally slept through the night last night. Maybe I just needed to let it all out. I was exhausted from the night before of not sleeping.

The family can relax for a day or so before we have to get things going again. Arrangements will be made tomorrow. We older folks are going try to not be too controlling. Let the adult children be in charge.

Thank you.
So sorry for your loss
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:25 am Good morning all

Thank you.
Clem, I’m not surprised that you slept through the night. The worry was gone from you. Your sister is with God.

You take it easy and just do what you feel like doing. (((Hugs)))

How is the COD doing? I hope he is well.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Shelia, your outing yesterday sounded like a lot of fun.

I slept fairly well last night but woke up early. After breakfast I cleaned out my car trunk and vacuumed it. I still need to go through my emergency road repair bag at some point.

Mostly today I will go over some medical paperwork and work on another “old” puzzle. And I’ll finish watching a Beatles “movie” (by Ron Howard) on Hulu.

Not much else. A quiet day.

Stay cool.