Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Mackie, I would hope they take into consideration the jobs that the "professional staff" is doing as well as the temperature.

I agree with you. When I look for tops on poshmark I type in CJ banks and Avenue and such and they are often a couple years old and sometimes often new. I also actually like ruby rd tops and I have found a few there.

Thankfully I have a fair amount of clothes and can just fill in as I see things I want. I am sure I drive sellers nuts because I ten to like a lot of things on poshmark and ebay and then go back and curate and look at them more closely as I have time, lol and tere are alway a few people who give you offers immediately after you like them.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:24 am Mackie, I would hope they take into consideration the jobs that the "professional staff" is doing as well as the temperature.
My branch of the professional staff is frequently inspecting apartments, which can involve moving some furniture or picking up trash. We sometimes walk around in the heat and the rain. I'm not going to be wearing polyester dress slacks and kitten heels to do that! We also don't get paid enough to dress at the level the C-suite people seem to be dreaming of. They can keep on dreaming because it is not happening.
Mackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:28 am Prayers needed today for a good outcome for baby court case. Hope she doesn’t show up. COVID cases close by that may effect my son in law and have been in close contact with him almost everyday. Have had storms here every afternoon for about a week and it took some limbs off our tree Saturday night. Lots of trees down everywhere and lost power for about 4 hrs.

Everyone have a great day
She didnt show up, but the Dad did. He claims he hadn’t answered any of the letters because he didn’t think he was Dad. Claims to have had vasectomy and couldn’t be Dad. He only showed up because he thought he was going to be fined if he didnt. So they have to test for dna on him. He had to have interpreter as he speaks little English. Counselor thinks grandparents threatened him if he didn’t show up. Dad wants to see her if she is his. Then they wonder why no. Wants to foster to adopt. She turned a yr old last week and was taken from hospital by granddaughter.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:38 am She didnt show up, but the Dad did. He claims he hadn’t answered any of the letters because he didn’t think he was Dad. Claims to have had vasectomy and couldn’t be Dad. He only showed up because he thought he was going to be fined if he didnt. So they have to test for dna on him. He had to have interpreter as he speaks little English. Counselor thinks grandparents threatened him if he didn’t show up. Dad wants to see her if she is his. Then they wonder why no. Wants to foster to adopt. She turned a yr old last week and was taken from hospital by granddaughter.
Owned, I am praying that they do what is right for that sweet baby girl and leave her with your family where she belongs and make everyone else leave her alone!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:38 am She didnt show up, but the Dad did. He claims he hadn’t answered any of the letters because he didn’t think he was Dad. Claims to have had vasectomy and couldn’t be Dad. He only showed up because he thought he was going to be fined if he didnt. So they have to test for dna on him. He had to have interpreter as he speaks little English. Counselor thinks grandparents threatened him if he didn’t show up. Dad wants to see her if she is his. Then they wonder why no. Wants to foster to adopt. She turned a yr old last week and was taken from hospital by granddaughter.
This is all so horribly never ending.