Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:51 am Good morning all.

Florida, you've been through a great deal the last few months so take just take it slow and easy. You'll get back into the swing of things.

Went to bed around 10:30 and got up about 6:00A, so feel pretty good today.

My sister called me early this morning to tell me that she has decided to not visit me on Labor Day weekend like she was going to do, so I told her do what she had to do. She kept repeating the reason of pulling everything together including the cat items. (How quickly she forgets that it would be a slight inconvenience for me as well as I would have to cat proof my apartment again, keep my bedroom door closed at night to keep her out, suffer in the lower air conditioning because of the cat, etc.) So I suggested me going down there and then she said but then I'd have to meet you part of the way and take you back. I told her to stop making such a problem out of everything. I said I could manage very well with my GPS so she said when. I then told her that's what I had been trying to do for the last 3 months and all she's done is make excuses because she had this doctor to see, that doctor, her eyes, yada, yada, yada. I told her that I thought that we would now be able to see each other more now that she was up here and she goes, but I call every day . . . so not the point. Anyway I finally said you know, I didn't get to see you when you were living in Florida so no big deal. Just do what you have to do. I'm just not going to bother any more; I don't need the hassle each and every time.

Today I have my Monday morning chat. I'm running slightly behind with my morning routine due to my rising late but will do some of it when I finish my post and then after lunch. Not sure what else after that.

Well that's all I can think of at the moment so I'll go for now. Have a great day.
Logics...I just don't get it. Sorry your sister disappoints....you deserve better.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

It is still so hot here...still no rain. I am watering everything constantly..but all my plants look cooked.
Bike riding really early in the day and then not much else. I meet my youngest granddaughter every evening at 7:00 for a swim in our pool.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am MJ, thank you for telling me about your friend Ron having only one kidney. I do not feel nervous and have confidence in my doctors. I have not thought about someone to trim the shrubs but will think about it. I really only care about the ones in front. The trimming in back can wait.

This sounds crazy but I am more content than I’ve been for a long time.
Nope, doesn't sound crazy at all! From 1996 until 2011, I had been having severe pain in my right hip. SEVERE enough that my friends would have to drive me to ER while I cried from the pain. I can't count how many ER trips, how many doctors' appointments and what not I'd been through. Then? On the September long weekend of 2011, my right leg just quit working. I dragged myself into the walk-in clinic that was open on the holiday Monday and he freaked out and had me sit down. Called to see if there was a neurosurgeon at the hospital the whole dealio. I was more content that SOMEONE had finally seen that I wasn't making it up or being a wimp! That was the spinal cord injury that had been going on for over a decade of a cyst growing on my spinal cord until it literally caused my right leg to go paralyzed and by the end of the afternoon? I couldn't feel a thing below my waist. I didn't freak out at all. Having an answer was just the thing! I am pretty sure that you having and answer and a way to get back to healthy is why you aren't "freaking out" too. It goes a long way to have confidence in a doctor too. Dr. Butler was my savior!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

There's a line from the book I was reading last night -- "The Salt Path" -- in which the writer's husband, who has suffered for years from mysterious shoulder pain and other symptoms, is told by a doctor, "The best thing I can do is give you a diagnosis." So this doctor who sees that something bigger is happening orders the right tests and gives them the correct diagnosis, which is a devastating one, but the news spurred them onward.

Logics, I am also sorry that your sister is so completely un-please-able. That's probably not a word, but it ought to be one. (((HUGS)))
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Sandi, the clothes they NOW sell online are absolutely nothing like they used to sell instore and online before they went bankrupt. Trust me, They were my primary supplier of casual and professional clothing for years. they now get many of their clothing through a third party and they are generally nothing I would wear.

I continue to peruse them on a semi regular basis. But the nice, bright, true colors they used to have coordinated by season have flown the coop entirely. I do still buy their relaxed restyled pull on pants and crop pants because the quality has seemd to stay.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Does anyone remember this past winter when I swore up and down that when summer came I would not complain about the heat??? :oops: The index was over 100 degrees here yesterday - yep in New York.

The "heat wave warning" kept flashing on my computer at work today - 2 air conditioners and a fan going and we were still hot.

Had a pbj on a blueberry bagel for supper and have some house chores to do this evening and may or may not go to the grocery store - AGAIN...seems like I spend a lot and then don't have any food - which is really not the case - I have "food" -- in terms of my stockpile of canned goods, baking supplies, etc. but I want "FOOD", LOL.

Quilter, I hear you about C&B - same with Coldwater Creek - since their "bankruptcy/going out of business", I don't like their offerings as much.

Clem, thinking of you & I hope you have a good chat by the pool with your family.

I'm off to do the next thing. Take care everyone!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz