Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept well last night and I’m dressed in my work clothes ready to go to mom’s house after I finish putting in my eye drops. I think I’ll trim near the side of the utility building. There is a big azalea there plus a “spikey” palm that grows quickly and a yellow allamanda up against the side of the building. I’ll be out there no more than an hour. As usual, it is already hot with high humidity.

Unlike many of you who do multiple chores during a day, I pretty much know that just this yard work will wipe me out. I do have a small load of laundry in the machine so I’ll do that this afternoon.

Not much else on this humid Monday.

I’ve learned my lesson to cut and paste even this short check in.

Stay cool.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I has a hard time waking this morning. My radio alarm clock has the ability to set 2 alarms. I have both set, one at 5 AM, and the radio stays on for 59 minutes. The second alarm is set for 6:05. I think I'd listen and then doze. Usually I am conscious about 5:20-5:30. This morning it was 6:32 when I looked at the clock. So no shower this morning for me. It's ok, I did not do much yesterday.

So nothing earth-shattering happening. Just the usual.

Have a great day,
Maggie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Prayers needed today for a good outcome for baby court case. Hope she doesn’t show up. COVID cases close by that may effect my son in law and have been in close contact with him almost everyday. Have had storms here every afternoon for about a week and it took some limbs off our tree Saturday night. Lots of trees down everywhere and lost power for about 4 hrs.

Everyone have a great day
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, my clock radio does the same thing for 6 and 7 when DH is working that day, because he gets up before me. Owned, prayers for the best for the baby. (((HUGS)))

I was just not feeling it this morning. Stayed up too late reading -- "The Salt Path" by Raynor Winn is an amazing memoir combined with some nature writing -- but I got morning chores done and am at work with my cup of tea. I even look presentable: styled my hair, put in earrings, have on a new-to-me top courtesy of eBay. :-D

DS is on vacation and DH is taking the day off, so they were off renting a pickup truck this morning to take our "secretly Italian" sofa to the repair shop to get the seat cushions restuffed. We bought the sofa and loveseat seat at Macy's twelve or maybe 15 years ago. Our SIL worked for the company that owns Macy's and got us a huge discount, but it was still quite expensive. When we started calling around to find an upholsterer to restuff the cushions, it turned out the set was actually made in Italy and the repair is more like periodic maintenance than an actual repair.

I can't get over the several other upholsterers who, sight unseen, told us to throw the sofa away. I have an urge to call them back and ask them if they're throw their car away when it needs an oil change!

My teacup is empty, so back to work. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Florida, you've been through a great deal the last few months so take just take it slow and easy. You'll get back into the swing of things.

Went to bed around 10:30 and got up about 6:00A, so feel pretty good today.

My sister called me early this morning to tell me that she has decided to not visit me on Labor Day weekend like she was going to do, so I told her do what she had to do. She kept repeating the reason of pulling everything together including the cat items. (How quickly she forgets that it would be a slight inconvenience for me as well as I would have to cat proof my apartment again, keep my bedroom door closed at night to keep her out, suffer in the lower air conditioning because of the cat, etc.) So I suggested me going down there and then she said but then I'd have to meet you part of the way and take you back. I told her to stop making such a problem out of everything. I said I could manage very well with my GPS so she said when. I then told her that's what I had been trying to do for the last 3 months and all she's done is make excuses because she had this doctor to see, that doctor, her eyes, yada, yada, yada. I told her that I thought that we would now be able to see each other more now that she was up here and she goes, but I call every day . . . so not the point. Anyway I finally said you know, I didn't get to see you when you were living in Florida so no big deal. Just do what you have to do. I'm just not going to bother any more; I don't need the hassle each and every time.

Today I have my Monday morning chat. I'm running slightly behind with my morning routine due to my rising late but will do some of it when I finish my post and then after lunch. Not sure what else after that.

Well that's all I can think of at the moment so I'll go for now. Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:28 am Prayers needed today for a good outcome for baby court case. Hope she doesn’t show up. COVID cases close by that may effect my son in law and have been in close contact with him almost everyday. Have had storms here every afternoon for about a week and it took some limbs off our tree Saturday night. Lots of trees down everywhere and lost power for about 4 hrs.

Everyone have a great day
You got them. Covid cases rearing their ugly heads again here as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/