Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

I like Macy's house brands of ladies clothes: Style & Co., Karen Scott, and Cabin Creek (going off memory on that last name). They hold up great to buy second-hand.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi,
Shelia, I get it. On the 6:00 News they said the heat index was 100 F. at 6 PM. Ugh.
And your comment about groceries remind me of the time my oldest said something along the lines of "we have no food in the house, just ingredients. He is much better at food preparation these days.

And I too, agree about Christopher and Banks and Coldwater Creek. New outfits bought the name and the customer list. Probably the same with Avenue.

My support group meeting was cancelled. One of the leaders is in the hospital, having had a heart attack Friday. The other leader is his partner. He did not look good on our Houseboat trip.

I took some tomatoes fresh from my Mom's garden and made some tomato soup for dinner. There is enough for another meal. Then for dinner I made some Salisbury Steaks and have 2 more servings of that for later in the week.

My blood sugar was a reasonable 117 this morning. Got me wondering if my portions have been too large lately.

Have a good evening,
Maggie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I don't even know why I bother to make to-do lists sometimes LOL. I mean I get my daily house chores done but the "extra" seem to change every time.
I ended up clipping both dogs and then bathing them because I was starting to smell them...my scottie was reeking by the time I got him clipped. His chin hair had been drug thru the food dish and phew! My DD's dog that I now have and have renamed "Derp" was smelly also. I renamed him Derp because while he is lovable he is also the dumbest dog I have ever seen. I mean really dumb and it doesn't help that his facial expression is straight up goofy.
It has just been miserable here with the heat and humidity, that's why I started clipping the dogs. I hate thinking they are too hot. Now it has gotten very dark and forbidding looking outside. I know storms are headed this way.
Here comes the rain I just hope we don't get high winds.
Tomorrow I am planning on bacon, zucchini and carrots cooked together. Possibly with a baked potato definitely with salad. I need to make salad dressing....had to make a loaf of bread today, the bread I bought at the store got mold on the last few slices....I guess it's that time of year.
Sure hope we get good news from Owned tonight.
MJ, I am so happy you were able to get your apartment worked on. If I lived closer I would come and help you. I love a good project LOL. But I would have to warn you, when I do a sort and purge I can be ruthless LOL
JCKitty
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Evening yall,

Another headache tonight for me. Thankfully soon we can put DS to sleep. Hes pretty hyper tonight and so I think I'm ready for both of us to sleep. I did alot at work this morning. I covered two clinicians who were out so I was feeling a bit ragged by the time I got home. They cancelled DSs football camp so he spent.thr evening with us. DH made breakfast for dinner and.now I'm relaxing waiting til DSs bedtime.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I like avenue online, actually. But I'm retired and I light bright tops that are semi tunic-ish. I do get a few things from them but I look at avenue on the used market first.

My larder was bare in some areas, I had eggs and pancakes and sausage for dinner and breakfast lol. and my only frozen veggie was corn. Ill have to make up the carbs tomorrow.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Snowangel, it's good to hear from you. Being pregnant this time of year is tough. It's so hot.

Kitty, our dachshunds all have long hair and get into nasty things in the yard. I looked out the window this afternoon and Rosie had buried her head in a hole up to her shoulders. When they get smelly, they get really smelly.
Mackie