Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In, August 8, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:28 am Prayers needed today for a good outcome for baby court case. Hope she doesn’t show up. COVID cases close by that may effect my son in law and have been in close contact with him almost everyday. Have had storms here every afternoon for about a week and it took some limbs off our tree Saturday night. Lots of trees down everywhere and lost power for about 4 hrs.

Everyone have a great day
I hope that all goes well for the court case.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:33 am Clemencia,

I was sorry that you lost your sister. I am so glad you were all there to ease and comfort her into her transition into the next adventure (for we know not what heaven is like until we get there). Take care of yourself and COD. You two need to take it easy. Clem, you've been going 100 miles and hour for weeks. Time to take it easy and enjoy those breakfasts out and a nice iced coffee at home.

Will your cousin, the Priest, be doing the service? My Aunt Lil, the nun, played all the music and hymns for my Dad's funeral. It was really nice that she could provide that memorial to Dad at the service.

MJ
Thank you. Yes he will probably be there sharing the duties with our regular priest. He did it for dad, mom and my brother. It was beautiful.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

I am home. Took an unexpected overnight excursion with siblings and niece.

I went out to eat with another set of siblings and while there, another sibling called and said she was in town and booked a hotel room. So after I ate brother dropped me off with them. I was going to come home but they said, spend the night. We can sit by the pool and chat.

So off we went to wal-mart to get pjs and essentials - :mrgreen:

It was a relaxing evening. The COD was home with the pack. He said not to worry. We laughed and talked about the old days.

We will find out today about the arrangements. Probably this weekend.

Thanks all for all the prayers!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:02 pm Thank you. Yes he will probably be there sharing the duties with our regular priest. He did it for dad, mom and my brother. It was beautiful.
This reminds me of when my husband passed. The priest that married us was the one who presented the funeral mass. He passed on Aug 4 52 years ago.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter, regarding your disappointment over the cost of the StitchFix slacks, if you do a search on eBay and Poshmark for the size and the clothing maker on the tag, you might find the same thing for sale much cheaper. I see a lot of StitchFix items for up sale on the secondhand market. People do impulse buys when they get that box full of pretty things and then have second thoughts later when the return window has closed.

I am getting a sore throat, just on the left side, and that ear hurts some. I hope this is just allergies. Every Monday when I drive into the vast soup bowl of allergens that is the city, this kicks up.

DH's resolve to not buy a car may have slipped a lot overnight. He texted me that he was driving to a dealership about three hours away that has a hybrid. It's always dangerous for him to have a day off because he can think of a lot of ways to spend money!
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:39 am I think I said that stitch fix was a fail. I do need some nice casual clothes especially but not really the level of business casual I guess. I will continue to look. Seriously, the death of Christopher and Banks is the bane of my fashion existence,
C & B lives on, telesales and online:

https://www.startribune.com/after-bankruptcy-christopher-banks-returns-as-a-retail-presence-on-tv-and-online/600140896/#:~:text=In%20January%202021%2C%20Christopher%20%26%20Banks,thousands%20more%20at%20its%20stores.