Daily Check In August 9, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In August 9, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Well, I definitely can't call this a "no spend day" LOL. Between the inspection, the new tires, some additional sensors, filters, alignment and sales tax, it was just under $1000.00. But I hadn't put money into my car for a very long time. Even before COVID the service costs were minimal. I also had the sheet from Toyota detailing the items that needed work the last time I went in for an oil change.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:24 am I hope that your appointment with the neurologist-ophthalmologist goes well, Mackie.

When you get your Honda hybrid and have it for awhile, I’ll be very interested in your thoughts. If I get another car at some point, I think I’d be interested in a hybrid rather than a full electric vehicle.
We had talked back and forth about the feasibility of a hybrid vs electric and chose a hybrid for his car because it's the one we take on long trips. He also prefers a sedan for comfort. If we replace mine, it will be an electric because I always have a very small car used for running errands.

My appointment with the Neuro doc went well. I have decided the doc is an absent-minded professor. I've been his patient for about five years and he always walks in the door and says, very seriously, "Have we met?" I laughed and said, "Many times." Everything is stable but still not in remission -- it just does not happen for about 70 percent of those with this disorder -- so I'll see him again in February.

The appointment finished up pretty quickly and I needed to do something nice for myself, so I went by the big Goodwill to look for fabric (did not find any) and music CDs (hit the mother lode). I bought 10 music CDs and a little wire basket to hold them for $22 after tax. Then I bought myself lunch at a Sonic Drive-In and came back to work. The bathroom scale will probably disapprove of the salt in my lunch tomorrow morning, but the burger was good.

My new Lovely Boss is frustrated because he can't get things repaired in our buildings (could have told him that) and the online room booking software doesn't work right. He scolded me yesterday for checking in two students who showed up early because their booking wasn't on the software dashboard. That hurt my feelings. Obviously somebody somewhere told them they could move in and it wasn't my place to tell them they had to leave. They were standing in my office with their luggage, so I made the logical decision and checked them in. God forbid anyone uses common sense around here!

Today he told me that the software is screwed up. No apology, so I just said, "Yep, I figured that." He's a nice young man but he has a lot to learn.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:46 pm We had talked back and forth about the feasibility of a hybrid vs electric and chose a hybrid for his car because it's the one we take on long trips. He also prefers a sedan for comfort. If we replace mine, it will be an electric because I always have a very small car used for running errands.
Yes, I need a car that would allow me to get out of Florida (250 miles) if I needed to evacuate the area during a strong hurricane.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
It has been a strange weather day, sun and then stormy looking clouds, sprinkles of rain and yet cool and sticky feeling. Weather dude was comparing it to a September day. It is 22 degrees cooler today than yesterday.
Windows open and AC off but may have to close them and keep the dampness out, I just love the fresh air.
I got all house chores done, floors cleaned and laundry hung . I did have to bring the laundry in not quite dry but it is hung inside to finish.

I had a salad topped with bacon and cheese for supper. I will be out of salad greens by tomorrow evening so like it or not I will make a trip to Aldi's tomorrow. I have been putting it off but will do the deed tomorrow.
I hope we hear from Owned, I pray it is good news.
Need to go check the cucumbers and see if I need to pick any...
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We got Hubby's new phone a Samsung same brand as mine but different model. He fell in love with the foldable one so that is what we got him. I now have him all set up and now he is happy.

My supper is in the oven and should be done fairly soon. We love scalloped potato and ham casserole and there should be enough for another meal later this week (or at least I hope cause I have planned for it).

Did a bit of embroidery and will be knitting this evening.

Off to take some pictures of the flowers for my blog.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:37 am Morning all.

I let my larder get frightenedly bare and I had to run out to mcdonalds for breakfast this morning. The good news is that I have an almost 200 dollar (It includes some cleaning things) order coming from walmart this afternoon. I need to think if there is anything I want to add before my cut off.

I also did a quick amazon order and got a white top and I dont normally wear white. I will wear that with a navy and white dot skirt for the funeral (when you don't normally wear black or navy under any circumstances its rough) -Im wearing silver earrings and I will have cowboy colors on in her honor (see below)

I need to figure out the rest ofm y spending for this month as I would like to get at least one piece of clothing and I need fabric to finish some projects.

Today I plan to go to bible study at eleven and then lunch at a thai place with the group. Then I should either get my hair cut and or vaccum out and wash my car. I need to make a list plan for another week.

Tomorrow I have my doctor appointment and a1c test. We also have some Covid. I know at least one gal in my apartment building has it and has not been out of her apartment. In theory I understand the "unacceptable thing", but I am honest in that I am out and about and not masked through most of my daily life. I believe that I have had four shots and at some point we need to be able to live normally for alot of reasons including the economy. I do wish more people were vaccinated.

Now for some reason I thought I had posted this, but I guess not??? My sister in law died in a house fire right before the fourth of july. She was found on the floor and they could not revive her. they did an investigation because it was a housefire and she was recently seperated, but it was a heating pad that did not shut off. She and her pets died. There was also an autopsy so her memorial ceremony and interrment will be int he same columbarium as my mother and father in law this weekend.

Back later.
Quilter so sorry to hear about your SIL. What a sad thing to happen.
Janet Alliesmama