Daily Check In August 9, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In August 9, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:46 pm We had talked back and forth about the feasibility of a hybrid vs electric and chose a hybrid for his car because it's the one we take on long trips. He also prefers a sedan for comfort. If we replace mine, it will be an electric because I always have a very small car used for running errands.

My appointment with the Neuro doc went well. I have decided the doc is an absent-minded professor. I've been his patient for about five years and he always walks in the door and says, very seriously, "Have we met?" I laughed and said, "Many times." Everything is stable but still not in remission -- it just does not happen for about 70 percent of those with this disorder -- so I'll see him again in February.

The appointment finished up pretty quickly and I needed to do something nice for myself, so I went by the big Goodwill to look for fabric (did not find any) and music CDs (hit the mother lode). I bought 10 music CDs and a little wire basket to hold them for $22 after tax. Then I bought myself lunch at a Sonic Drive-In and came back to work. The bathroom scale will probably disapprove of the salt in my lunch tomorrow morning, but the burger was good.

My new Lovely Boss is frustrated because he can't get things repaired in our buildings (could have told him that) and the online room booking software doesn't work right. He scolded me yesterday for checking in two students who showed up early because their booking wasn't on the software dashboard. That hurt my feelings. Obviously somebody somewhere told them they could move in and it wasn't my place to tell them they had to leave. They were standing in my office with their luggage, so I made the logical decision and checked them in. God forbid anyone uses common sense around here!

Today he told me that the software is screwed up. No apology, so I just said, "Yep, I figured that." He's a nice young man but he has a lot to learn.

Mackie good to hear your eyes are stable and that the appointment went well. Glad you treated yourself. Hopefully you might go into remission sometime.
Janet Alliesmama