Daily Check In August 9, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In August 9, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:20 am Good morning all.

Hopefully today's expected rain (and I do hope we get some locally) is expected to cool temperatures down as well as bring a lower humidity. I can deal with mid-80s if humidity is low. Cooler nights are also being predicted so air conditioning won't be needed to sleep.

Just brought my car over to repair shop to have it inspected. The place I normally go to was sold and may not get it's license in time so this is a new place for me. I've considered bringing my car there for future service rather than Toyota since there are no warranties on it and it is 11 years old. And people I know highly recommend them.

My daily routine is almost complete. I have some additional exercise time to put in but that's about it. I've started reading a new book I just bought (used) which was used as the basis for a Hallmark movie that I like and have watched numerous times. Was curious to see how much it differs. I also have some paperwork to do.

Reading the paper this morning it is discouraging to keep seeing COVID cases going up every other week. I know that we're always going to have this virus with us now but I would have thought they'd have it better controlled. I mean 45,000 cases a week doesn't sound very controlled to me nor should it be the "new normal" as one of the spokespersons in the article I read called it. It's totally unacceptable.

Well, guess that's all for now. For those still in the heat wave, stay cool. Have a great day!!!!
Florida only reports Covid numbers every two weeks! This makes it difficult to judge how vulnerable I am leading up to my surgery. I’m going to see friends until the 20th and then self quarantine except one visit (double masked) to the slow lawyer to sign my new Will.

My car, Honda Accord, is 10 years old. I used to say if I was able to get my license I’d buy a new car. But my car has less than 40,000 miles and I love my car so I’ll keep it.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, we had wild bunnies at our old house, which was in a very woodsy neighborhood. Every year they would raise their babies under our hedge and bring them out to play at dusk on the lawn. We loved seeing them.

In just a bit I have an appointment with the neuro-ophthalmologist for a full check-up, which I always dread. It leaves me with a blinding headache. I try to be a good trooper and come back to work afterward, but today I am just not feeling it and will call in sick if it's too bad.

I went to bed early last night because I just was not feeling great: tired and headachey. DH indeed put an earnest money deposit down on a new hybrid Honda (he drove nearly three hours away to find a dealership doing that) and the car is expected to arrive about the time we get the last of our consumer debt paid off. I am not jumping with joy over this, but it's one of those six of one, half dozen of another situations: his car is old and not in great shape and being out of debt puts us in good shape to replace it.

My tea cup is nearly empty. Time to get back at it. Hope you all have a really good day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept okay, but do wish I could have stayed in bed longer. Was tossing and turning for the last hour or so - so I just got up.

Today my sister and I will check into more details about the service this weekend. Not sure what else.

This month is just zooming by already.

It looked like it was going to rain yesterday, but nothing. We really need it here. Looks so dry out there.

Have a great day all.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning all.

I let my larder get frightenedly bare and I had to run out to mcdonalds for breakfast this morning. The good news is that I have an almost 200 dollar (It includes some cleaning things) order coming from walmart this afternoon. I need to think if there is anything I want to add before my cut off.

I also did a quick amazon order and got a white top and I dont normally wear white. I will wear that with a navy and white dot skirt for the funeral (when you don't normally wear black or navy under any circumstances its rough) -Im wearing silver earrings and I will have cowboy colors on in her honor (see below)

I need to figure out the rest ofm y spending for this month as I would like to get at least one piece of clothing and I need fabric to finish some projects.

Today I plan to go to bible study at eleven and then lunch at a thai place with the group. Then I should either get my hair cut and or vaccum out and wash my car. I need to make a list plan for another week.

Tomorrow I have my doctor appointment and a1c test. We also have some Covid. I know at least one gal in my apartment building has it and has not been out of her apartment. In theory I understand the "unacceptable thing", but I am honest in that I am out and about and not masked through most of my daily life. I believe that I have had four shots and at some point we need to be able to live normally for alot of reasons including the economy. I do wish more people were vaccinated.

Now for some reason I thought I had posted this, but I guess not??? My sister in law died in a house fire right before the fourth of july. She was found on the floor and they could not revive her. they did an investigation because it was a housefire and she was recently seperated, but it was a heating pad that did not shut off. She and her pets died. There was also an autopsy so her memorial ceremony and interrment will be int he same columbarium as my mother and father in law this weekend.

Back later.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, I ended up reading for an hour and then tried again.
Quilter, that is just so sad about your sister in law.
I am up and getting stuff done, slowly but getting there. The roofers start the roof tomorrow on the mobile, and the renter has been told (firmly) that I am NOT doing anything else on the mobile....do not ask and do not expect..."this is the last time I am saying it, IF you don't like it you can move ASAP. This came after she wanted me to have someone look at the maple tree in the back yard because it has black spots on some of the leaves. :roll: It is hot and Humid in Indiana, we have toadstools and fungi coming up everywhere and all trees get the black spots because of the humidity. I told her I would have the tree taken out before I listen to anymore complaints and she doesn't want that because it provides so much shade. Case closed.

She is so neurotic and as she told me, her "love life" is a mess so she fixates on stuff. My reply was not my problem, she apologized.
I hope to get the floors cleaned today after vacuuming. I have the towels from the dog grooming in the washer now, will hang them here in a bit. I hope they dry because it looks like we could get rain. I will bring them in if it rains.
We are having what seems to be a lot of covid case around here. It doesn't sound concentrated in any one area or business, just random areas. It is wearying.
We used to have so many rabbits around here but the coyotes and fox have taken them out.
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Speaking of poshmark, I just ordered a vintage embellished halloween cardigan. Call me early I guess.