Daily Check In August 9, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In August 9, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:53 am
My car, Honda Accord, is 10 years old. I used to say if I was able to get my license I’d buy a new car. But my car has less than 40,000 miles and I love my car so I’ll keep it.
I just turned the odometer to 39,000 last week. I've put very little money into the car and basically none since COVID except for one oil change. I knew work was needed on it when I went for the oil change in November. In order for it to pass inspection I have to have new tires put on (stated in a report from Toyota) due to dry rot and right, replace a tire pressure sensor and the cabin filter.

I also need some front brake work which I'll do at the end of September due to cash flow because I don't drive much and an oil change, air filter and some hose and belt replacements.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51

So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law! How tragic.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:37 am Morning all.

I let my larder get frightenedly bare and I had to run out to mcdonalds for breakfast this morning. The good news is that I have an almost 200 dollar (It includes some cleaning things) order coming from walmart this afternoon. I need to think if there is anything I want to add before my cut off.

I also did a quick amazon order and got a white top and I dont normally wear white. I will wear that with a navy and white dot skirt for the funeral (when you don't normally wear black or navy under any circumstances its rough) -Im wearing silver earrings and I will have cowboy colors on in her honor (see below)

I need to figure out the rest ofm y spending for this month as I would like to get at least one piece of clothing and I need fabric to finish some projects.

Today I plan to go to bible study at eleven and then lunch at a thai place with the group. Then I should either get my hair cut and or vaccum out and wash my car. I need to make a list plan for another week.

Tomorrow I have my doctor appointment and a1c test. We also have some Covid. I know at least one gal in my apartment building has it and has not been out of her apartment. In theory I understand the "unacceptable thing", but I am honest in that I am out and about and not masked through most of my daily life. I believe that I have had four shots and at some point we need to be able to live normally for alot of reasons including the economy. I do wish more people were vaccinated.

Now for some reason I thought I had posted this, but I guess not??? My sister in law died in a house fire right before the fourth of july. She was found on the floor and they could not revive her. they did an investigation because it was a housefire and she was recently seperated, but it was a heating pad that did not shut off. She and her pets died. There was also an autopsy so her memorial ceremony and interrment will be int he same columbarium as my mother and father in law this weekend.

Back later.
I do remember you telling us about your sister-in-law. Very, very sad. Wow, a heating pad caused the fire! My mom loved heating pads and would often have one on her lap in cold weather. I never worried because I thought they really didn’t generate a lot of heat. I was wrong! I have kept two of her heating pads but haven’t used them. Now I’d be wary,
floridacatlover

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:06 am Jackie, we had wild bunnies at our old house, which was in a very woodsy neighborhood. Every year they would raise their babies under our hedge and bring them out to play at dusk on the lawn. We loved seeing them.

In just a bit I have an appointment with the neuro-ophthalmologist for a full check-up, which I always dread. It leaves me with a blinding headache. I try to be a good trooper and come back to work afterward, but today I am just not feeling it and will call in sick if it's too bad.

I went to bed early last night because I just was not feeling great: tired and headachey. DH indeed put an earnest money deposit down on a new hybrid Honda (he drove nearly three hours away to find a dealership doing that) and the car is expected to arrive about the time we get the last of our consumer debt paid off. I am not jumping with joy over this, but it's one of those six of one, half dozen of another situations: his car is old and not in great shape and being out of debt puts us in good shape to replace it.

My tea cup is nearly empty. Time to get back at it. Hope you all have a really good day.
I hope that your appointment with the neurologist-ophthalmologist goes well, Mackie.

When you get your Honda hybrid and have it for awhile, I’ll be very interested in your thoughts. If I get another car at some point, I think I’d be interested in a hybrid rather than a full electric vehicle.
floridacatlover

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 am I just turned the odometer to 39,000 last week. I've put very little money into the car and basically none since COVID except for one oil change. I knew work was needed on it when I went for the oil change in November. In order for it to pass inspection I have to have new tires put on (stated in a report from Toyota) due to dry rot and right, replace a tire pressure sensor and the cabin filter.

I also need some front brake work which I'll do at the end of September due to cash flow because I don't drive much and an oil change, air filter and some hose and belt replacements.
Same here. I’ve put very little money into my car. I got new tires just before Covid started. In January I got a new battery. I only have the oil changed once a year at the recommendation of my mechanic. I do have one thing that should be repaired - the rubber stripping where my driver’s window meets the door. Part of it is gone but I’d have to take it to the dealer which I hate because it is in a super congested area.
floridacatlover

It’s a quiet day for me.

I’m doing the laundry that I didn’t do yesterday. I’m working on a puzzle that I may finish today.

I went to my small Publix. I asked about their curbside pickup (for before my surgery) and she didn’t know much but said they do allow tipping when you place the order. So it sounds like it is mostly like Instacart because it is the same web page. Instacart is so expensive. So I think I’ll do a Walmart pickup instead and do without my favorite Publix deli items.

We had a torrential rain storm with sharp thunder last night. Scary.