Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

casadekitty wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:37 pm Hello all,
Made my dreaded trip to town and all is put away, Aldi's was pretty empty and that's not a bad thing for me. Butter is 3.65 per pound...so no stocking up on butter. I did get 1/2 gallon of lactose free milk. need to make some things requiring milk and since the baby is now 1 year old she is off of formula and onto milk.
I want to make some cheesecake fluff with strawberry topping and I am thinking of making mashed potatoes and freezing in muffin cups (thank you LittleMiss). Potatoes do not last in this weather and I don't want to waste any.
Jackie, I am only making small batches of sweet lime pickles also, they just aren't coming on enough to make a big batch at one time. Oh well, I will do what I can. I have some soaking now, will finish and process this late afternoon.
Sheila, I sure hope you don't have the virus. I didn't lose taste until it was gone. Never did lose smell.
Off to do something else.

JCKitty
Thanks Kitty, test was negative. Homemade sweet pickles - YUMMM!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

chocolite wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:41 pm Hello, frugal friends. I've been in a horrible pain flare for the past week or so. It's my fault, in a way. I let myself completely run out of Gabapentin on Friday night. So the weekend was horrible. Then there apparently was some miscommunication on my doctor's end, which resulted in my only getting my medicine yesterday evening. Ugh. Anyway, I'm feeling more human today.

I've tried to catch up on the forum and I think I've missed a lot. Clem, I'm so sorry for your loss. Florida Cat, you're in my prayers for a successful upcoming surgery. Sheila, I hope your test is negative and that you feel better soon.
Patty, so sorry you have been in so much pain and glad today is better. (((((hugs)))))
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:40 pm Yes, Mackie. He would be turning 45 later this month.
oh wow - so young!!

Hope his son is okay.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:00 pm Covid test was negative - very thankful.

Got some bad news about my ex (not my ex husband, the more recent ex) - long story short, he has passed away. More impacted by this than I would have imagined, feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality - so didn't go to work. Went to see one of his sons and his mama - they are doing alright.

Not as hot today, dogs are taking their afternoon nap. Need to get my business together, tomorrow is "fun day" for work.

Going to the grocery store later, might try to get a nap in first. Wanted to let y'all know I am well.
Glad you tested negative.

Wow, that is sad about your ex. So young. I, too, wonder about the little guy and hope he is OK.
floridacatlover

Home from lunch with my friend. Even though it is hot, we ate outside in a shaded area.

Recently I’ve been running my a/c at 79 F. during the day and 77 F. at night and have been comfortable and will save a few $$. I started this when I would push the a//c to 79 when I’d go to mom’s house. I run the ceiling fan in my living room.

Walked to my mailbox with a neighbor who, when talking to my mom, I always referred to as Archie Bunker. I really wanted to say something about Trump taking the 5th but I didn’t say anything and really said very few words to him. Proud of myself for keeping in control.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

chocolite wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:41 pm Hello, frugal friends. I've been in a horrible pain flare for the past week or so. It's my fault, in a way. I let myself completely run out of Gabapentin on Friday night. So the weekend was horrible. Then there apparently was some miscommunication on my doctor's end, which resulted in my only getting my medicine yesterday evening. Ugh. Anyway, I'm feeling more human today.

I've tried to catch up on the forum and I think I've missed a lot. Clem, I'm so sorry for your loss. Florida Cat, you're in my prayers for a successful upcoming surgery. Sheila, I hope your test is negative and that you feel better soon.
I’m sorry that you have been in such pain but glad you are better today. Gabapentin must be a very versatile Rx. Pippi took it to calm down before her vet visits. I knew that it was a people drug because one of the vet nurses said that she used it.