Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:32 pm The carprofen was prescribed by our vet. The CBD oil is something I started trying her out on for her anxiety but it also helps with her pain and stiffness. Her vet also told us, years ago, to give her a daily supplement called Dasuquin with MSM. We do. I'm not sure how much it helps, but it can't hurt. We get that from Chewy.
Thanks Mackie. I will check into the over-the-counter things first. The Vet did mention that she could give him something. Right now, he is doing ok with me monitoring his activities ie no jumping up and down and off of things. He used to act like he was on springs but now i make him wait for me to get in and out of the car and off and on the bed etc. I know you take excellent care of your fur babies, and you are a fountain of information.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It's good that you've taught Teddi to wait. That also helps lessen the chance that he might hurt his back, which would be a disaster at his age. We had to teach all our girls to use pet stairs to get on "their" piece of furniture to help preserve their backs.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 pm It's good that you've taught Teddi to wait. That also helps lessen the chance that he might hurt his back, which would be a disaster at his age. We had to teach all our girls to use pet stairs to get on "their" piece of furniture to help preserve their backs.

Teddi is so mellow and easy to teach. He does have his moments but when it comes to safety, he listens to me. Although he is now so spoiled. Before he gets off of the bed in the morning, he comes overs to the side where I am and rolls on his back to have his belly rubbed. His reward for being good. My aide said it is hilarious to see him walk across the bed flop and roll lol.
Janet Alliesmama