Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

chocolite wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:41 pm Hello, frugal friends. I've been in a horrible pain flare for the past week or so. It's my fault, in a way. I let myself completely run out of Gabapentin on Friday night. So the weekend was horrible. Then there apparently was some miscommunication on my doctor's end, which resulted in my only getting my medicine yesterday evening. Ugh. Anyway, I'm feeling more human today.

I've tried to catch up on the forum and I think I've missed a lot. Clem, I'm so sorry for your loss. Florida Cat, you're in my prayers for a successful upcoming surgery. Sheila, I hope your test is negative and that you feel better soon.
Patty, CVS once shorted DH, who has idiopathic peripheral neuropathy in his hands and feet, five days on his gabapentin. It was horrible. You have my sympathies, sweetie. (((Hugs))) After that episode, he let them know he was counting every bottle and it did not happen again.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

chocolite wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:48 pm OMG, Hobbes used to do the same thing. He would get on the dryer, then the windowsill right above it, and he would lay in the window to see me when I left in the mornings. I'd forgotten that. Poor baby can't jump that high anymore.......
We have a little Ikea Parson's style side table with a set of pet steps on top of it and another set at the bottom of it so the cats can easily get on top of the dryer. We set that system up when we moved into the house with our Zippy Cat, who was an old boy and couldn't jump any more. All the cats love it because they can just trot up their little staircase. The steps came from Big Lots and have held up great for ten years (they are made of heavy-duty cardboard with a carpeted cover). I just vacuum them every week and keep a piece of anti-slip stuff under the one of the table top so it doesn't slide around.

We have to feed the cats on top of the dryer because of the dogs, and Zippy Cat used to have his bed on top of our front-load washer because he could not stand the dogs and did not want to be bothered.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

That all sounds so cute Mackie!!

Your kitties love you!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Covid test was negative - very thankful.

Got some bad news about my ex (not my ex husband, the more recent ex) - long story short, he has passed away. More impacted by this than I would have imagined, feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality - so didn't go to work. Went to see one of his sons and his mama - they are doing alright.

Not as hot today, dogs are taking their afternoon nap. Need to get my business together, tomorrow is "fun day" for work.

Going to the grocery store later, might try to get a nap in first. Wanted to let y'all know I am well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze, is this is the ex who shared the house with you for a while, found Hope in the dumpster, and was Little Guy's dad? If so, gosh, he wasn't that old.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:17 pm HappyDaze, is this is the ex who shared the house with you for a while, found Hope in the dumpster, and was Little Guy's dad? If so, gosh, he wasn't that old.
Yes, Mackie. He would be turning 45 later this month.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz