Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:24 am Good morning, everyone. HappyDaze, I hope it's not Covid and you feel better soon. Jackie, if your son works a lot, he might wind up finding wiggle room in the budget for someone to cut his grass for him. If we didn't have DS living with us, we would definitely have someone doing it. Maggie, I hope your DS's foot gets better fast.

I went to bed early last night because I felt lousy: headachey, sore throat and with a bit of an ear ache. It's allergy related because a dose of allergy meds made me feel a lot better. Unfortunately they also made me oversleep a little bit and today was the day the public schools started back, so I was stuck in school traffic trying to get to work and came galloping in ten minutes late on one of the rare days that my new boss was in the office early. Well, life happens.

I also somehow thought today was Thursday. It certainly feels like Thursday! Right now it's pouring down rain and is supposed to be a lot cooler today.

Dora Kitty has a new trick, in that she climbs on top of the dryer to say goodbye to me as I leave in the mornings through the laundry room door. She has an adorable peeping mew and the cutest little kitty smile when she does that. Such a little sweetie!

Hope you all have a good day.

Mackie Dora Kitty sounds so cute.

Hope your allergy gets better soon.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:00 pm Covid test was negative - very thankful.

Got some bad news about my ex (not my ex husband, the more recent ex) - long story short, he has passed away. More impacted by this than I would have imagined, feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality - so didn't go to work. Went to see one of his sons and his mama - they are doing alright.

Not as hot today, dogs are taking their afternoon nap. Need to get my business together, tomorrow is "fun day" for work.

Going to the grocery store later, might try to get a nap in first. Wanted to let y'all know I am well.

Sheila sorry to hear about your ex passing. I know you had a lot to do with raising his one son as well. I hope he the kids will be ok.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:26 pm I saw one of his sons today - the one with the very good, very nice mama. She invited me over to their house when she came to tell me what happened - so I went. He is doing good I guess - I don't know what a 13 year old boy who has just lost his father is supposed to be like.

According to this one's mom, ex gave up custody of the other one a few months ago and he is in the custody of the state, living in a group home someplace. Very sad.

That is sad about the group home. In a way maybe it was for the best since he was placed in the home before he died, and the loss is there but maybe not as traumatic as a sudden death. Glad that the other child has a good Mom.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:00 pm Patty, our Rosie Dog has rather bad arthritis and in the mornings we give her carprophen, the canine version of ibuprofen for it, along with CBD oil twice a day on a little bite of bread. Cats have a very different nervous system, though. I do have to say that the CBD oil made a big difference for her. She could hardly walk before we started it.
Mackie are these medication by order of the Dr or can i get them through Chewy? Teddi has arthritis in his shoulders.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:01 pm Scanned everything I missed this morning I hope.

Maggie, sorry about your son in the boot.

Chocolite, I feel your pain (literally, see below)

Shiela, glad you are negative. I'm gng to sound judgemental as hell here, but I think people should not go to work if they are sick or think they are sick.. If sick people stayed home, and everyone washed their hands and covered their mouths and noses when ill or sneezing the world would be far better place.

The carpet guy didnt come. I may look at getting a small carpet machine for me if I think I am able of handling it.

Doctor was already to give me an enjectible drug to supplement my other and lower my blood sugar and help with weight loss. Then it turns out my A1C was 6.2 and he turned around and went "never mind". I gone from 7.9 to 6.2 on my own so I ll keep that up.

On the other hand, he offered me something called Cymbalta instead of Gabba for my neuropathy and mild fibro and so on. Said it was easier to stop and really no weaning off. It is for depression so Im considering. I need to see my podiatrist so I will ask his opinon as well. This was just establishing a relationship with a new guy (actually a Nurse Clinician). and my physical will be in November.

Tomorrow my son is flying in as he has three days of bereavement leave and the funeral is on Saturday. He will be with me tomorrow into Friday..

Need to get some planning nd organization done here ..at least a small amount
Quilter that is great news about your A1c.. Keep up the good work.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:41 pm Mackie are these medication by order of the Dr or can i get them through Chewy? Teddi has arthritis in his shoulders.
The carprofen was prescribed by our vet. The CBD oil is something I started trying her out on for her anxiety but it also helps with her pain and stiffness. Her vet also told us, years ago, to give her a daily supplement called Dasuquin with MSM. We do. I'm not sure how much it helps, but it can't hurt. We get that from Chewy.
Mackie