Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:18 am Good Morning,
Shelia, Get well soon.

I have my Doctor's appointment this afternoon. I had a mild panic this morning seeing that a daily meeting was cancelled for me. Turns out somehow it got cancelled and rescheduled and I was left off. I am not back on it, not that I contribute much.

My DGSs seem ready to start school. Although the 5YO keeps telling his Mom he is too little to ride the bus. She took him to a playground date of other Kindergarteners. He took a while to warm up.

DS1 was found to have a hairline fracture in his foot. He did injure it, but "walked it off". But he had been going to the podiatrist and she ordered an MRI. So he is having an injection of some sort on Monday. He will be in a boot with no weight bearing for 3 weeks. The boot for an additional 3.

That is all I have,
Have a great day,
Maggie
Time really flies Maggie. It seems like yesterday when your DGSs were born!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up about 6:30 this morning. I have had breakfast, called Comfort Care to arrange a ride to the doctors for labs on Aug 24. I see my doctor on the 31st. At my age my doctors group schedules follow ups every 3 months.

I have done most of the paperwork for housing. Now it is just filling in last minute information and

Yesterday I worked on my sewing area. I cleaned and lubricated the sewing machine and all the attachments. I still have more to do in there. I have unloaded the dishwasher and partially refilled it. I need to empty the dish drainer and then wash the hand dishes.

I just oiled and lubricated the Singer 301 sewing machine. I did discover that the Featherweight foot control does work with the Singer 301 I don’t need the special foot control that required me to keep the machine at the edge.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning. Not read everyones posts before me yet, so I'll jump back later with comments once I know what has happened.

We got rain last night. Not alot, but a good thunderstorm and some rain-it had been almost seventy days. The down side of this is that my coleus is, I think dead because a torrent hit it as well as some winds and it is broken. Ill leave it in the pot and see if I can find a stake and we will seee.

I was joking yesterday that I should have gotten my car full service washed and cleaned inside and out along time ago if this was going to happen. Let me tell you people, for thirty bucks and a tip, the inside of my car never looked so good!

I've finished my morning exercise-today it was a seated half an hour HIT program. I emptied the dishwasher. I have clothes drying that will need to be folded and I need to do a serious walk around a literally put everything away day. And then at two thirty I have a doctor appointment - mainly to establish myself with a new practice since the other is so far away, and also to get labs done. I am seeing either a nurse clinician or a pa since the dr isnt accepting new patients right now but I am peachy with that.

Dinner will be sloppy joes or breakfast depending on what time I get back and settled. I was hoping to spend 40 bucks or so and get my carpets cleaned today but no one has gotten back to me.

Also expecting an amazon order that includes anew purse and a white top to wear with my navy skirt since I dont normally do black or navy or while. My daugther says if I add silver earings it will be a tribute to my sister in law who was a die hard dallas fan.

Back later
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Made my dreaded trip to town and all is put away, Aldi's was pretty empty and that's not a bad thing for me. Butter is 3.65 per pound...so no stocking up on butter. I did get 1/2 gallon of lactose free milk. need to make some things requiring milk and since the baby is now 1 year old she is off of formula and onto milk.
I want to make some cheesecake fluff with strawberry topping and I am thinking of making mashed potatoes and freezing in muffin cups (thank you LittleMiss). Potatoes do not last in this weather and I don't want to waste any.
Jackie, I am only making small batches of sweet lime pickles also, they just aren't coming on enough to make a big batch at one time. Oh well, I will do what I can. I have some soaking now, will finish and process this late afternoon.
Sheila, I sure hope you don't have the virus. I didn't lose taste until it was gone. Never did lose smell.
Off to do something else.

JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Hello, frugal friends. I've been in a horrible pain flare for the past week or so. It's my fault, in a way. I let myself completely run out of Gabapentin on Friday night. So the weekend was horrible. Then there apparently was some miscommunication on my doctor's end, which resulted in my only getting my medicine yesterday evening. Ugh. Anyway, I'm feeling more human today.

I've tried to catch up on the forum and I think I've missed a lot. Clem, I'm so sorry for your loss. Florida Cat, you're in my prayers for a successful upcoming surgery. Sheila, I hope your test is negative and that you feel better soon.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:24 am Dora Kitty has a new trick, in that she climbs on top of the dryer to say goodbye to me as I leave in the mornings through the laundry room door. She has an adorable peeping mew and the cutest little kitty smile when she does that. Such a little sweetie!
OMG, Hobbes used to do the same thing. He would get on the dryer, then the windowsill right above it, and he would lay in the window to see me when I left in the mornings. I'd forgotten that. Poor baby can't jump that high anymore.......
Patty