Daily Check In August 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In August 10, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:51 pm oh wow - so young!!

Hope his son is okay.
I saw one of his sons today - the one with the very good, very nice mama. She invited me over to their house when she came to tell me what happened - so I went. He is doing good I guess - I don't know what a 13 year old boy who has just lost his father is supposed to be like.

According to this one's mom, ex gave up custody of the other one a few months ago and he is in the custody of the state, living in a group home someplace. Very sad.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That is very sad about the other child. I know you did a great job with him and he seemed like basically a sweet little fellow when he was small.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Sheila, I know what you mean about your ex, I feel so bad for his kids.

I just picked a fresh bouquet of flowers for inside, slim pickings but I do enjoy them so much. Next year I am going to try to plant some things just for cutting.
Temps have gone up but it isn't unbearable. The roof on the mobile is coming along, I feel for those guys working in the heat but they said they are fine as there is shade from the trees.
My pickles are in the soak and will process this evening. I do believe I will have bacon, zucchini, onions and carrots over a baked potato for supper. and salad of course.

I keep thinking there is something I should be doing but don't know what. Might start a fire in the firepit later and enjoy it for a bit.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:26 pm I saw one of his sons today - the one with the very good, very nice mama. She invited me over to their house when she came to tell me what happened - so I went. He is doing good I guess - I don't know what a 13 year old boy who has just lost his father is supposed to be like.

According to this one's mom, ex gave up custody of the other one a few months ago and he is in the custody of the state, living in a group home someplace. Very sad.
That is sad.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:21 pm I’m sorry that you have been in such pain but glad you are better today. Gabapentin must be a very versatile Rx. Pippi took it to calm down before her vet visits. I knew that it was a people drug because one of the vet nurses said that she used it.
It does have a mild sedating effect if taken sporadically. Hobbes takes a small dose of Gabapentin daily for his joints. I'm not sure it's helping him, though. I take a lot, and it keeps my nerve pain manageable. If I ever doubted that before, now I know.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, our Rosie Dog has rather bad arthritis and in the mornings we give her carprophen, the canine version of ibuprofen for it, along with CBD oil twice a day on a little bite of bread. Cats have a very different nervous system, though. I do have to say that the CBD oil made a big difference for her. She could hardly walk before we started it.
Mackie